Letter From Presov Archives

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 3:13 PM
      I am jealous! You people actually got something. I filled out a request about my grandfather with an answer that they found something. What they told me they found was my grandmother's birth certificate which I have already. So after that email, I never heard from them again. Now I am stuck, don't know where in Slovakia he was born, or where or when he got married or when he came to America. I found everything on the Hungarian side of the family - through Ellis Island, LDS church, and FREE letter of info back to 1840 from archives for both Hungarian grandfather and grandmother's families.

    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 6:00 PM
        Eva,

        What was his name?

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 8:18 PM
          Eve:

          That really stinks. Sorry to hear it. I hope you didnt have to pay for that info. I am the only one in my family interested in this research. When I tell my siblings what I find, I get a "that's nice" or a blank stare.

          You never mentioned your GF's name. Maybe someone is looking for the same name.

          Peggy

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5 10:13 AM
            What about your own relatives?  That was where my search started.