RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Dukla Pass

  • Inez Giles
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4 2:23 PM
      YESTERDAY??!? I wish! I was there last year..- Inez (who obviously
      needs to take a break.)

      From: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 5 4:51 AM
        Chuck,
        What were you thinking did not look right about the Dukla article? I read through it and while I can't attest to the facts, it sounds about right. I've been through there a few dozen times now and at the museum three times. Were there some specific concerns, or were you just curious if others agreed with what was written there?
        Allan

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5 10:11 AM
          Allan:

          Nothing looks out of order.  But I have never been there.  Wikipedia is a good starting point, but the contributors are not authorities.  And often times erroneous information makes its way in.

          Just asking for the veracity of some of the members here.

          Thank you.

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6 8:28 AM
            Thanks, Tim & Inez!

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 8 9:54 AM
              Chuck,
              In that case, if you find yourself in Eastern Slovakia, I'd like to recommend Dukla, especially if you enjoy taking photos. The tanks look especially neat early and late in the day. Other than the tanks, there's not a lot to see about WWII that can't be learned from a history book. This week, I've got an article on 52 Weeks in Slovakia that talks about WWII and the First Slovak State, and has a small paragraph about Dukla, with a photo, and a link to an interesting liberation story that I picked up from a librarian in Kezmarok. http://www.52insk.com/2011/first-slovak-state/ Both would probably be interesting to you if you are a WWII buff. Wishing you well.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 8 11:32 AM
                Allan:

                Thank you again.  Most helpful.