Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Circ Music

  • e.gernat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
      One of the members of the Rolland Group is Ed's cousin. They gave us a Cd once when we were in Circ

      Edie Gernat

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
           I really enjoyed that Rolland Group Musical url,especially the TV scenes of
        the countryside.  When I visited Circ in 2001, Ed Gernat's Cousin took me up the
        hill to the  source of Holy Spring water.  The view of the countryside was
        Breathtaking.
            Fred Kovalyak

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
          Hi Helen--

          I am on my way to Circ this summer! I have made some amazing discoveries since I last spoke to you, culminating with the discovery of my grandmother's sister -in-law, who is still alive and will celebrate her 98th birthday in Circ in June. So away I go! I have the language tapes and a taste for adventure. Any suggestions?

          Susan Povich (really Popovics) Del Conte

        • ahoodlumof85
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
            Sue (Snoflake),

            My father's mother was born in Circ, and the Sima surname figures into our family tree in Circ. My great grandmother was Anna Totura, whose mother was Maria Sima (1843). MAria's parents were Michael Sima and Anna Zoslyaren. Perhaps our lines cross somewhere!

            Susan
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
              Where exactly is that hill?

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                 As I recall it was near the beginning of the small village of CIRC.
                The road leading up to the top was full of large potholes. At the top(above
                Circ) there was a small church and several small places for the Priests to hear
                confessions.   Someone had put in a pipe ..from the spring ...to allow pilgrims
                to get bottles of water.

                Ed or Edie Gernat should be able to better describe this place.
                My 77 yr ole memory is getting worse.

                Fred G Kovalyak