Re: Circ Music

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
      On a side topic, one of my cousins recently sent this Rusyn song by Roland of Circ...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK5b92CnrMQ
      a cija to chyza by Rolland

      Commentary I am sure she copied from somewhere...
      "my favourite rusyn folk song (as performed by Rolland of Circ, Slovakia) with a display of random photos taken all around Europe"
    • e.gernat@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
        One of the members of the Rolland Group is Ed's cousin. They gave us a Cd once when we were in Circ

        Edie Gernat

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
             I really enjoyed that Rolland Group Musical url,especially the TV scenes of
          the countryside.  When I visited Circ in 2001, Ed Gernat's Cousin took me up the
          hill to the  source of Holy Spring water.  The view of the countryside was
          Breathtaking.
              Fred Kovalyak

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
            Hi Helen--

            I am on my way to Circ this summer! I have made some amazing discoveries since I last spoke to you, culminating with the discovery of my grandmother's sister -in-law, who is still alive and will celebrate her 98th birthday in Circ in June. So away I go! I have the language tapes and a taste for adventure. Any suggestions?

            Susan Povich (really Popovics) Del Conte

          • ahoodlumof85
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
              Sue (Snoflake),

              My father's mother was born in Circ, and the Sima surname figures into our family tree in Circ. My great grandmother was Anna Totura, whose mother was Maria Sima (1843). MAria's parents were Michael Sima and Anna Zoslyaren. Perhaps our lines cross somewhere!

              Susan
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2011
                Where exactly is that hill?

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
                   As I recall it was near the beginning of the small village of CIRC.
                  The road leading up to the top was full of large potholes. At the top(above
                  Circ) there was a small church and several small places for the Priests to hear
                  confessions.   Someone had put in a pipe ..from the spring ...to allow pilgrims
                  to get bottles of water.

                  Ed or Edie Gernat should be able to better describe this place.
                  My 77 yr ole memory is getting worse.

                  Fred G Kovalyak