Re: [Slovak-World] Friend Downunder

    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 21, 2011
      Folks:

      I have just heard that a regular contributor (short, sweet, accurate comments only, tactful & witty) had a heart attack last week.  He is safe at home resting comfortably.  Please keep Nick H in your prayers.

      Chuck

      From: lkocik@...

      Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:27:05

      To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

      You guys need to get a room....

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

      From: smudsville@... <smudsville@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 10:27 PM

      Try out jeremiah weed and you will get help putting on the clothes you just took

      off. Just don't expect any semblance of order.

      An olde polish friend with some slovak used to give jeremiah weed to the field

      trial judges the night before. Turned them into priests, ministers and some of

      the greatest ever skunks known to mankind (oxymoron)...dlb

      From: "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...>

      Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:23:47

      To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

      THREE HARD DRINKS MAKE YOU TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF:

      TEQUILLA

      KIRCHWASSER

      SLIVOVICA

      JAJ ALEBO JOJ!

      ________________________________

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 8:53:00 PM

      I do not.  Not today.  When I drink SLIVOVICA, it makes others sick.

      ... sick of me.

      From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 8:38 PM

      Below are 2 sites to use for slovak Aabcd pronuciation.  I first does have

      errors.  The second, (Audio), takes a while to download and you might be

      confused when starting but it is very helpful with pronunciations and it can be

      used for other languages.

      http://www.slavism.com/slovak/abc.htm

      http://www.mylanguages.org/slovak_audio.php

      longJohn Wayne,  Have you been imbibing in SLIVOVICA????????  :o) :o) :o)

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      ________________________________

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 7:52:01 PM

      Julie:

      I love the dreaming feeling when my eyes glaze over.  ;)

      And the sound of your typing is so romantic, like a very feminine type of

      Hemingway.

      From: Susan Durisek <durisek@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 10:48 AM

      It was a revelation when I learned that when you're reciting the Slovak

      alphabet, or looking for something in alphabetical order, words beginning with

      CH appear somewhere near H and not C.  I always need to remember that... so easy

      to overlook, Z

      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 21, 2011
        It was in humor ....They're two of my favorite people.

          Larry

        From: lkocik@...
        Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:27:05