Re: [Slovak-World] Churches

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
      Sent by your VATICAN Blackberry

      ________________________________
      From: "smudsville@..." <smudsville@...>
      To: slovak-world@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, March 10, 2011 5:49:27 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Churches

      The news about the vatican restoring 8 catholic churches in allentown was across
      the usa.

      Not that I am about cathiolicism, it made me happy since churches maintain
      families.

      40 years ago when I sailed off to college my dad told me I could marry anyone I
      wanted except for a catholic. The other day he said I could marry anyone but a
      muslim.

      I reminded him of his grandfather clause about catholics and that I was sticking
      to avoiding catholics.

      At 87 he is a feisty critter. No response, so I guess I still need to avoid
      catholics ;) dlb

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
        If I am an ex-Catholic, does that mean that we can be friends?  Or is that also forbidden since I used to be one?

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
          William,

          I am also an ex-RC, but there's something in me that will always be
          RC and, to tell the honest truth, I don't know what the hell I am anymore.

          Best regards,

          Paul Wolsko

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
            So we can be friends, but will Vilko's Dad ever forgive him?

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
              So we can be friends, but will Vilko's Dad ever forgive him?

              I am also an ex-RC, but there's something in me that will always be

              RC and, to tell the honest truth, I don't know what the hell I am anymore.

              Best regards,

              Paul Wolsko

              On 3/10/2011 7:49 PM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:

              > If I am an ex-Catholic, does that mean that we can be friends? Or is

              > that also forbidden since I used to be one?

              > --- On Thu, 3/10/11, William C. Wormuth <senzus@...

              > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>> wrote:

              > From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@... <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>>

              > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Churches

              > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>

              > Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:30 PM

              > Sent by your VATICAN Blackberry

              > ________________________________

              > From: "smudsville@... <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>"

              > <smudsville@... <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>>

            • Paul Wolsko
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                Ahhhh - that's a quite different issue.

                Paul Wolsko

                On 3/10/2011 8:34 PM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:

                > So we can be friends, but will Vilko's Dad ever forgive him?
                >
                > --- On Thu, 3/10/11, Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@...
                > <mailto:pwolsko%40optonline.net>> wrote:
                >
                > From: Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@... <mailto:pwolsko%40optonline.net>>
                > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Churches
                > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 8:21 PM
                >

                > William,
                >
                > I am also an ex-RC, but there's something in me that will always be
                >
                > RC and, to tell the honest truth, I don't know what the hell I am anymore.
                >
                > Best regards,
                >
                > Paul Wolsko
                >
                > On 3/10/2011 7:49 PM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:
                >

                > > If I am an ex-Catholic, does that mean that we can be friends? Or is
                >
                > > that also forbidden since I used to be one?
                >

                > > --- On Thu, 3/10/11, William C. Wormuth <senzus@...
                > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>
                >
                > > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>> wrote:
                >

                > > From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...
                > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com> <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>>
                >
                > > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Churches
                >
                > > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                > <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                >
                > > Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:30 PM
                >

                > > Sent by your VATICAN Blackberry
                >

                > > ________________________________
                >

                > > From: "smudsville@... <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>
                > <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>"
                >
                > > <smudsville@... <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>
                > <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>>
                >

                > > To: slovak-world@yahoogroups.com

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                  I recommend you review your religious affiliation with St. Cyril and Metod.
                  After all, they are the reason Slovaks are Christians.

                  You can also contact God by email: God@...

                  Let's be careful not to start religious prosilatyzing here. I ain't judgin'
                  nobody I got all I can do ta live with all these sins on my soul.

                  Love ya all,

                  S Panem Bohem,

                  Vilo

                  ________________________________
                  On 3/10/2011 8:34 PM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:

                  > So we can be friends, but will Vilko's Dad ever forgive him?
                  >
                  > --- On Thu, 3/10/11, Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@...
                  > <mailto:pwolsko%40optonline.net>> wrote:
                  >
                  > From: Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@... <mailto:pwolsko%40optonline.net>>
                  > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Churches
                  > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 8:21 PM
                  >

                  > William,
                  >
                  > I am also an ex-RC, but there's something in me that will always be
                  >
                  > RC and, to tell the honest truth, I don't know what the hell I am anymore.
                  >
                  > Best regards,
                  >
                  > Paul Wolsko
                  >
                  > On 3/10/2011 7:49 PM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:
                  >

                  > > If I am an ex-Catholic, does that mean that we can be friends? Or is
                  >
                  > > that also forbidden since I used to be one?
                  >

                  > > --- On Thu, 3/10/11, William C. Wormuth <senzus@...
                  > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>
                  >
                  > > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>> wrote:
                  >

                  > > From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...
                  > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com> <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>>
                  >
                  > > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Churches
                  >
                  > > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                  >
                  > > Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:30 PM
                  >

                  > > Sent by your VATICAN Blackberry
                  >

                  > > ________________________________
                  >

                  > > From: "smudsville@... <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>
                  > <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>"
                  >
                  > > <smudsville@... <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>
                  > <mailto:smudsville%40yahoo.com>>
                  >

                  > > To: slovak-world@yahoogroups.com

                • Nick Holcz
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                    At , you wrote:

                    >I recommend you review your religious affiliation with St. Cyril and Metod.
                    >After all, they are the reason Slovaks are Christians.
                    >
                    >Well some of them are Jewish.

                    regards
                    Nick
                  • smudsville@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                      We can always be friends. I like slovak men. They treat me like a lady, except for one. Just can't get married. I've been written out of the will tweist and got back in thrice. As long as daddy is alive, my escort must face his inspection.

                      I find him quite amusing. Many don't understand that if he is picking on you, he likes you. He thinks that stress brings out the real person. Since my mother passed on he pretends to be asleep if he doesn't like somebody. When he went to his cancer doctor who also attended my mother, he was still mad at how they inserted catheter, so he pretended to be dead while the cancer doctor poked at prostate (supposed to be painful). He made up his mind to not flinch or move and didn't. He said that doctor thought he had died on the table and jumped up to daddys laughter.

                      After he is gone I will need someone with a wonderful sense of humor. I will probably buy a clown. I certainly married and divorced one.

                      Back to slovak world and learning more about the people who helped create a great hunter the vizsla, be they slovak or hungarian...dlb :)

                      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>
                      Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:49:10
                      To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                      If I am an ex-Catholic, does that mean that we can be friends?  Or is that also forbidden since I used to be one?

                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                        If you believe in a god, then treat others with respect godful or godless and guard family, then you are a real person...dlb

                        From: Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@...>
                        Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:21:57
                        To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                        William,

                        I am also an ex-RC, but there's something in me that will always be
                        RC and, to tell the honest truth, I don't know what the hell I am anymore.

                        Best regards,

                        Paul Wolsko

                        On 3/10/2011 7:49 PM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:

                        > If I am an ex-Catholic, does that mean that we can be friends? Or is
                        > that also forbidden since I used to be one?
                        >
                        > --- On Thu, 3/10/11, William C. Wormuth <senzus@...
                        > <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>> wrote:
                        >
                        > From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@... <mailto:senzus%40ymail.com>>
                        > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Churches
                        > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:30 PM
                        >

                        > Sent by your VATICAN Blackberry
                        >
                        >________________________________

                      • William C. Wormuth
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                          It appears that Jews were in the Great Moravian Empire but only as slave
                          traders, at the time of the Saint' arrival.

                          See Below:

                          Z Bohom,

                          Vilo

                          http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:uWosQxuiwnQJ:images.rca.org/docs/mission/country-profiles/Slovakia.pdf+Year+of+the+roman+invasion+Slovakia&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgDYne0hBQfT1RuubbcYPBLtvtI4T0yQUxNwHgc4sQhs3uhrXSt4yP9pu3xS8eXqOBVKUvHBnR_Wzel6p0ja9BwtvgSvc9zOi8cMR0vtbZt9DXRcrcYcLPGuyKSEj7p-Ja5IMTM&sig=AHIEtbRR4VANWB2eArxIZu4m1W969ND8YQ&pli=1

                          http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/pinkas_slovakia/Slo0XI.html

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cyril_and_Methodius

                          ________________________________
                          >I recommend you review your religious affiliation with St. Cyril and Metod.
                          >After all, they are the reason Slovaks are Christians.
                          >
                          >Well some of them are Jewish.

                          regards
                          Nick

                        • William C. Wormuth
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                            Diki Vam!

                            You are very correct. Religion is a very personal thing and should not be the
                            source of judgment to others.

                            Z Bohom,

                            Vilo

                            ________________________________

                            From: Paul Wolsko <pwolsko@...>
                            Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:21:57
                            To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                              There are plenty of clowns here in Slovak-World.

                              From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

                              Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                              Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:49:10

                              To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                              From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...>

                              To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                              Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:30 PM

                              From: "smudsville@..." <smudsville@...>

                              To: slovak-world@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                                What does it cost to buy a slovak clown? Will I have to purchase their costume or are they born that way?

                                Married clowns need not apply. I don't care for being a part of destroying a family because someone is a joker.

                                On the bright side, after daddy goes, I could buy a covey of clowns. Shoot them when they failed to amuse and then buy more...dlb

                                From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>
                                Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:16:15
                                To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                                From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

                                Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:49:10

                                To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                                From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...>

                                To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                Date: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:30 PM

                                From: "smudsville@..." <smudsville@...>

                                To: slovak-world@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 10, 2011
                                  THANK GOD!

                                  ________________________________

                                  From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

                                  Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                  Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:49:10

                                  To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 11, 2011
                                    Nothing amuses a clown hater like dead clowns.

                                    But I am an honest clown.  I cannot speak for other clowns, just myself.  No costume.  Good clowns don't need them.  In fact, clowns in costume irritate those of us real clowns.

                                    Good luck in your clown hunting.  Is there a word for clown-hunter in Slovak?

                                    From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

                                    Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

                                    Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:16:15

                                    To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>