Re: [Slovak-World] Airline surcharge from Austria

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9 11:40 AM
      Does the tax apply to SK as well?  Or just Vienna?

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9 5:36 PM
        I read a Slovak google entry that noted: "Rakusko" [Rrrah-koo-skoh], (Austria).
        No mention made that Slovakia would follow Germany and Austria, in raising the
        tax.

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10 12:15 PM
          Hello Everyone,
            I received this "travel agent" email earlier today regarding surcharges being
          added on to flights.  Hope it helps and I'll keep looking around at other sites
          as well...

          * Travel Pulse > Travel News > Airlines Cut Capacity, Add Fuel Surcharges as
          Oil Prices Soar
          Share
          Airlines Cut Capacity, Add Fuel Surcharges as Oil Prices Soar
          March 09, 2011 10:19 PM
          Airlines are cutting capacity, reconfiguring their fleets and adding fuel
          surcharges as oil prices soared as high as $130 per barrel. United Continental
          Holdings said that due to the recent increase in fuel prices, the company plans
          to reduce consolidated capacity from its previous 2011 projections by
          approximately 1 percent effective with its May schedule and 4 percent effective
          with its September schedule. With these reductions, fourth-quarter 2011
          consolidated domestic capacity is expected to decrease 5 percent and
          consolidated international capacity is expected to increase 2 percent compared
          to the pro forma capacity for the same period last year. The capacity changes
          will be accomplished through reducing flight frequencies, indefinitely
          postponing the start of flights to certain markets and exiting less profitable
          routes.
          Similarly, American Airlines said that it now plans that its consolidated
          capacity for 2011 will be 1 percent lower than it had previously announced. The
          airline also said it is replacing smaller, less efficient MD80s with more fuel
          efficient B737-800s.
          Frontier also announced it is trimming its operating schedule for the second
          quarter of 2011. The company previously issued guidance of capacity growth in
          the 1.5 percent to 2.5 percent range for the second quarter of 2011. The company
          now expects its capacity to be flat compared to the second quarter of 2010.
          “While our booking volume continues to outperform for the spring months compared
          to last year, and our revenue continues to build very positively in comparison
          to last year, we are being proactive in our second quarter scheduling due to the
          uncertainty of future oil prices,” said Greg Aretakis, vice president of revenue
          production.
          Singapore Airlines said that it will increase its fuel surcharge for tickets
          issued on or after March 17, as a result of the continued escalation in the
          price of jet fuel. The price of jet fuel is now above $130 per barrel, which is
          the highest in two years. For more information, visit www.aa.com,
          www.unitedcontinentalholdings.com, www.frontierair.com and www.singaporeair.com.