Re: [Slovak-World] Airline surcharge from Austria

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9 11:34 AM
      Dear Helene,

      I Googled it and found a lot of sites. Below are 2:

      http://www.thetransnational.travel/Austria-flight-departure-tax.2010102702

      http://www.thetransnational.travel/Austria-flight-departure-tax.2010102702

      Apparently Austria is following the hike in tax posed by Germany.

      Vilo

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9 11:40 AM
        Does the tax apply to SK as well?  Or just Vienna?

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9 5:36 PM
          I read a Slovak google entry that noted: "Rakusko" [Rrrah-koo-skoh], (Austria).
          No mention made that Slovakia would follow Germany and Austria, in raising the
          tax.

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10 12:15 PM
            Hello Everyone,
              I received this "travel agent" email earlier today regarding surcharges being
            added on to flights.  Hope it helps and I'll keep looking around at other sites
            as well...

            * Travel Pulse > Travel News > Airlines Cut Capacity, Add Fuel Surcharges as
            Oil Prices Soar
            Share
            Airlines Cut Capacity, Add Fuel Surcharges as Oil Prices Soar
            March 09, 2011 10:19 PM
            Airlines are cutting capacity, reconfiguring their fleets and adding fuel
            surcharges as oil prices soared as high as $130 per barrel. United Continental
            Holdings said that due to the recent increase in fuel prices, the company plans
            to reduce consolidated capacity from its previous 2011 projections by
            approximately 1 percent effective with its May schedule and 4 percent effective
            with its September schedule. With these reductions, fourth-quarter 2011
            consolidated domestic capacity is expected to decrease 5 percent and
            consolidated international capacity is expected to increase 2 percent compared
            to the pro forma capacity for the same period last year. The capacity changes
            will be accomplished through reducing flight frequencies, indefinitely
            postponing the start of flights to certain markets and exiting less profitable
            routes.
            Similarly, American Airlines said that it now plans that its consolidated
            capacity for 2011 will be 1 percent lower than it had previously announced. The
            airline also said it is replacing smaller, less efficient MD80s with more fuel
            efficient B737-800s.
            Frontier also announced it is trimming its operating schedule for the second
            quarter of 2011. The company previously issued guidance of capacity growth in
            the 1.5 percent to 2.5 percent range for the second quarter of 2011. The company
            now expects its capacity to be flat compared to the second quarter of 2010.
            “While our booking volume continues to outperform for the spring months compared
            to last year, and our revenue continues to build very positively in comparison
            to last year, we are being proactive in our second quarter scheduling due to the
            uncertainty of future oil prices,” said Greg Aretakis, vice president of revenue
            production.
            Singapore Airlines said that it will increase its fuel surcharge for tickets
            issued on or after March 17, as a result of the continued escalation in the
            price of jet fuel. The price of jet fuel is now above $130 per barrel, which is
            the highest in two years. For more information, visit www.aa.com,
            www.unitedcontinentalholdings.com, www.frontierair.com and www.singaporeair.com.