Researching Question

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 6:13 PM
      My mother saved everything which was good because I asked no questions and
      now it is too late. I have a letter in Slovak from Slovakia which a dear
      lady I met on a web site translated for free. It was a young relative
      asking my grandfather why he hadn't kept his promise to bring them to
      America as things were very hard. He says: "Fly away letter like a bird,
      etc." very poetic. Then he says "Ask Emma to send some chewing gum." Emma
      was my mother. She kept postcards from people around here, letters from her
      brother when he was in a juvenile corrections place. Her brother died of TB
      before I was born, only in his 20's.

      I called the web site lady when I was going to the Slovak Gen. Conference here in Independence in Cleveland area. She was not going. Sounded elderly now. I should call her one more time and tell her I went to Slovakia after that with Helene.!