  • William
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
      Vilo wrote:

      >For those of you who are able to read Slovak, try to find if your
      ancestral
      >towns have published Histories in Book form. I have 4: Kuty, Gbely,
      C~ervenik
      >and Leopoldov.

      Evidently, there are many Slovak towns that have written histories going
      back, in some cases, to pre-history. I have 5, Liesek, Medvedzie, Nizna
      nad Oravou, and two books for Tvrdosin, one published in 1993, and the
      second, which is bi-lingual, written by Vladimir Bartka and Ivan
      Sasko. No date is given for the publication of the second which is
      primarily photographs.

      Bill Brna
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
        Ahoj Bill,

        Searched and found the attached, for the museum. I was unable to find the
        book, (attached), in the english language

        Z Bohom,

        Vilo

        ________________________________

      • e.gernat@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
          WE have 2 books   Sebedrazie 1245 to 2005 and  Boleraz 1240 to 1995

           Both have many pictures and many Names and events They are both Hardbacks and were given to us by our Slovak relatives in Slovakia.   Edie and Ed

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2011
            On 3/2/2011 8:26 PM, William C. Wormuth wrote:

            > Ahoj Bill,
            >
            > Searched and found the attached, for the museum. I was unable to find the
            > book, (attached), in the english language
            >
            > Z Bohom,
            >
            > Vilo

            Vilo,

            The second book about Tvrdosin has the town hall on the binding. There
            isn't much script, either English or Slovak. The book is mostly
            composed of photographs with some basic history.

            Bill Brna