Re: [Slovak-World] Valentine's Day in Slovakia

  • Marycay Doolittle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2011
      Thanks Greg.

      My son is getting married in July and I'd like to incorporate something Slovak so I'll take a look at the different ideas listed. I read the part on a dowry, and I remember my cousin having a hope chest. As a small child I had no idea what this was about and thought that my aunt was just hoping someone would marry her. I do remember having fun looking inside at the items she and her mom made. As stated, it was not a small chest. I think it was cedar and was the size of something one would store blankets in.

      Thanks for bring that memory to mind. It put a smile on my face.

      Marycay