Fire in Pcoline

  • Milan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
      On monday a fire destroyed the front of my aunt Teresia Lattas house in Pcoline, Slovak Republic. From what I understand it was a chimney fire. No one was hurt.

      On Thursday the Pcoline Lattas lost one of their chief supporters Andrew latta.

      I was in Pcoline and met with Teresia Latta for the first time in May of 2010. As strangers meeting for the first time I was welcomed with open arms and given a royal welcome.

      I would like to do a fund raiser for her but have no experience running them. Also I don't like handling money other than my own.

      I have had bad experiences with North American cheques in Europe. No matter who is cashing them the charge per cheque cashed is usually astronomical I think I was charged about $8 once.

      There is no bank in Pcoline. The nearest bank is in Snina.

      Any help would be appreciated. I am feeling helpless to help right now.

      Milan
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
        No problem. If someone in the family has an
        electronic banking service at any bank in SNINA,
        I can transfer whatever amount you want
        electronically to their account right from here
        in Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia through
        my account in Slovakia. It only takes couple of
        days for transfer. By the way it is sunny and +
        10 degrees Celsius at the moment.
        I have been to Pcoline (funny first time I read it in your post as PC on line.

        Regarding fund riser, Get the cheques in USA,
        cash them and then transfer just one cheque or
        one transfer,makes it less expensive and simpler.

        Vladi

        At 03:46 PM 2/4/2011, you wrote:

        >On monday a fire destroyed the front of my aunt
        >Teresia Lattas house in Pcoline, Slovak
        >Republic. From what I understand it was a chimney fire. No one was hurt.
        >
        >On Thursday the Pcoline Lattas lost one of their
        >chief supporters Andrew latta.
        >
        >I was in Pcoline and met with Teresia Latta for
        >the first time in May of 2010. As strangers
        >meeting for the first time I was welcomed with
        >open arms and given a royal welcome.
        >
        >I would like to do a fund raiser for her but
        >have no experience running them. Also I don't
        >like handling money other than my own.
        >
        >I have had bad experiences with North American
        >cheques in Europe. No matter who is cashing them
        >the charge per cheque cashed is usually
        >astronomical I think I was charged about $8 once.
        >
        >There is no bank in Pcoline. The nearest bank is in Snina.
        >
        >Any help would be appreciated. I am feeling helpless to help right now.
        >
        >Milan

      • maxine
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
          There YOU go-what do you charge? A million dollars? All of a sudden you are nice---is that because YOU WANT MORE MONEY? MAXINE

          At 03:46 PM 2/4/2011, you wrote:

          >On monday a fire destroyed the front of my aunt
          >Teresia Lattas house in Pcoline, Slovak
          >Republic. From what I understand it was a chimney fire. No one was hurt.
          >
          >On Thursday the Pcoline Lattas lost one of their
          >chief supporters Andrew latta.
          >
          >I was in Pcoline and met with Teresia Latta for
          >the first time in May of 2010. As strangers
          >meeting for the first time I was welcomed with
          >open arms and given a royal welcome.
          >
          >I would like to do a fund raiser for her but
          >have no experience running them. Also I don't
          >like handling money other than my own.
          >
          >I have had bad experiences with North American
          >cheques in Europe. No matter who is cashing them
          >the charge per cheque cashed is usually
          >astronomical I think I was charged about $8 once.
          >
          >There is no bank in Pcoline. The nearest bank is in Snina.
          >
          >Any help would be appreciated. I am feeling helpless to help right now.
          >
          >Milan

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2011
            Send your request private and you wont be the first customer.

            I am always nice. I just responded to the
            gentleman's question. Instead of you giving him a
            helping hand ,you are accusing me.

            Why? Are you OK. Perhaps it's a time to see your doctor?

            You now what? I will politely tell you to Take a
            hike and go play in the sand somewhere else.

            Vladi