Re: [Slovak-World] (unknown)

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 2, 2011
      No priatelia moji keby ste to nahodou chceli
      vediet ako sa to po Slovensky spravne povie, tak je to

      MODZGOVA PORAZKA alebo MODZGOVA PRIHODA

      Google stuff below won't do it.

      My cousin in Zvolen just died of one this Sunday.
      Happened while hunting. He was 68. He will be buried in Zvolen tomorrow.

      Vladi

    • cerrunos1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 2, 2011
        Dear friends,

        It is 'mozgova' not 'modzgova' (from the word 'mozog' or brain.) Mrtvica (lekarsky/ medical), iktus, and 'infarkt mozgu' will also work.

        Ben

        From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...>
        Sender: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:51:46
        To: <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] (unknown)

      • lkocik@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 2, 2011
          Vladi

           I am sorry about your cousin's early death. I am glad for him that he died while doing something he enjoyed.
          I think that is the best you can wish for someone.

          respectfully

          Larry K ocik ----- Original Message -----

          At 04:29 PM 2/2/2011, you wrote:

          >Google translator says
          >MÅ•tvica for stroke.

          >(cerebral vascular
          >accident)?
          >mozgových cievnych
          >nehoda

          >George Sirko
          >
          ><http://translate.google.com/#en>http://translate.google.com/#en|en|Stroke
          >--- On Wed, 2/2/11, William
          ><<mailto:wfbrna%40gmail.com>wfbrna@...> wrote:
          >
          >From: William <<mailto:wfbrna%40gmail.com>wfbrna@...>
          >Subject: [Slovak-World] (unknown)
          >To: <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
          >Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 3:08 PM
          >

          >Can somebody give me the Slovak word for "stroke" (cerebral vascular
          >accident)?
          >
          >Bill Brna

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 2, 2011
            Thanks Larry, he was a dentist his wife died some
            years ago of Alzheimer. Sad story. But yes he
            loved hunting so much that he even went hunting several times to Arfica.

            Regarding MODZGOVA MRTVICA . I was testing the
            waters if anybody figure it right and correct and
            the D was put in on purpose so, Ben's wife will
            get an AAA, this time for the D and C for MRTVICA.

            However they do not use MRTVICA that often as
            MRTVY is DEAD. So when you have hart attack they
            say you had an INFARKT and when you have a stroke
            they say these days MOZGOVA PRIHODA or MOZGOVA PORAZKA.

            My friend the former priest in Liptovska Teplicka
            did have a stroke and hart attack at the same
            time and I was told that he had an INFARKT and MOZGOVU PRIHODU.

            Now you know. Now my cousin he did die from the
            prihoda so you could say that he had mrtvica.

            Vladi

            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 3, 2011
              My condolences to you as well, Vladi.

              But you are right.  We all should hope to go doing something we love.

              I'll probably be right here, typing to you all.

              At 06:50 PM 2/2/2011, you wrote:

              >Vladi

              >Â I am sorry about your cousin's early death. I

              >am glad for him that he died while doing something he enjoyed.

              >I think that is the best you can wish for someone.

              >respectfully

              >Larry K ocik ----- Original Message -----

            • William
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 3, 2011
                On 2/3/2011 10:13 AM, LongJohn Wayne wrote:

                > My condolences to you as well, Vladi.
                >
                > But you are right. We all should hope to go doing something we love.
                >
                > I'll probably be right here, typing to you all.
                >
                > --- On Thu, 2/3/11, Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...
                > <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>> wrote:
                >
                > From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@... <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>>
                > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] (unknown)
                > To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 1:12 AM
                >

                > Thanks Larry, he was a dentist his wife died some
                >
                > years ago of Alzheimer. Sad story. But yes he
                >
                > loved hunting so much that he even went hunting several times to Arfica.
                >
                > Regarding MODZGOVA MRTVICA . I was testing the
                >
                > waters if anybody figure it right and correct and
                >
                > the D was put in on purpose so, Ben's wife will
                >
                > get an AAA, this time for the D and C for MRTVICA.
                >
                > However they do not use MRTVICA that often as
                >
                > MRTVY is DEAD. So when you have hart attack they
                >
                > say you had an INFARKT and when you have a stroke
                >
                > they say these days MOZGOVA PRIHODA or MOZGOVA PORAZKA.
                >
                > My friend the former priest in Liptovska Teplicka
                >
                > did have a stroke and hart attack at the same
                >
                > time and I was told that he had an INFARKT and MOZGOVU PRIHODU.
                >
                > Now you know. Now my cousin he did die from the
                >
                > prihoda so you could say that he had mrtvica.
                >
                > Vladi
                >
                > At 06:50 PM 2/2/2011, you wrote:
                >

                > >Vladi
                >

                > >Â I am sorry about your cousin's early death. I
                >
                > >am glad for him that he died while doing something he enjoyed.
                >
                > >I think that is the best you can wish for someone.
                >

                > >respectfully
                >

                > >Larry K ocik ----- Original Message -----
                >
                > >From: "Vladimir Linder"
                > <<mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>vlinder49@...
                > <mailto:vlinder49%40shaw.ca>>

                Bill Brna

              • pat Thomas
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 9, 2013
                  YES, HALLELUJAH INDEED, CHRIST IS RISEN_!!
                  I like your style Paul, that is so great of you to remind us of "the reason for the Season", where do u go to church at?
                  I attend here in Northern VA, and also go to the Byzantine Catholic Church, love those pierogies!

                  Praying for many Easter Blessings upon you this season,
                  Patricia
                  On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 8:23 AM EDT Paul Payerchin wrote:

                  >Hallelujah! Christ Is Risen!
                • George Sirko
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 10, 2013
                    Voistinu voskrese