Slovak Language Potential

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2011
      I talked to a Pittsburgh University staff during that festival and asked if I could attend 3 weeks this summer and the other 3 next summer. She said No, which I think is unreasonable. I actually wanted to take Hungarian with a real teacher, got just the basics from Lakeland Community College from a man who had good intentions but was not a trained teacher. He would always get sidetracked and gab a lot. Anyway, one of my best Hungarian friends died unexpectedly a week ago after undergoing "successful" cancer treatment. We had a little group of 5 friends and were just devastated and all cried a lot at her funeral this week. She was born in Baja Hungary and came with her parents and brother in the 1956-57 turmoil. She was only 62.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2011
        My condolences on your loss, Eve.