Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Upper Hungary History(Slovakia)

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 14, 2011
      "Upper Hungary", is now, Slovakia.  hisy,  is an 1882 map of Upper Hungary:  http://www.feefhs.org/maplibrary/austro-hungary/ah-nhung.html

      --- On Fri, 1/14/11, dragansk <dragansk@...> wrote:

      From: dragansk <dragansk@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: Upper Hungary History(Slovakia)
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 14, 2011, 1:11 PM

      Looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Those drawings are fascinating. Wonder which are scenes depicting Slovak locations.

      Dennis

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

      > http://www.tankonyvtar.hu/konyvek/osztrak-magyar/osztrak-magyar-081204-605

      > I happened upon this site today.This is a book and will take some time to peruse and found it to be extremely interesting.

      > It is written in Hungarian but if you use, (Perhaps), Google Translate, you may be able to decipher the language.  The pictures re also interesting.

      > Z Bohom

      > Vilo

    • sue_groh
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 14, 2011
        The etchings on this site are breathtaking!

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

        > http://www.tankonyvtar.hu/konyvek/osztrak-magyar/osztrak-magyar-081204-605
        >
        > I happened upon this site today.This is a book and will take some time to peruse and found it to be extremely interesting.
        >
        > It is written in Hungarian but if you use, (Perhaps), Google Translate, you may be able to decipher the language.  The pictures re also interesting.
        >
        > Z Bohom
        >
        > Vilo

      • mjkopanic
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 17, 2011
          Dennis,

          Many of the early scenes are from Nitra, and then later I saw Trencin and what looked like Beckov Castle.

          I do not have time to go through it with detail now because I am in the middle of something else.

          But this looks like an interesting old source.

          Mike

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "dragansk" <dragansk@...> wrote:

          > Looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Those drawings are fascinating. Wonder which are scenes depicting Slovak locations.
          > Dennis
          >
          > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@> wrote:
          > >
          > > http://www.tankonyvtar.hu/konyvek/osztrak-magyar/osztrak-magyar-081204-605
          > >
          > > I happened upon this site today.This is a book and will take some time to peruse and found it to be extremely interesting.
          > >
          > > It is written in Hungarian but if you use, (Perhaps), Google Translate, you may be able to decipher the language.  The pictures re also interesting.
          > >
          > > Z Bohom
          > >
          > > Vilo

        • Windows2000Fan
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 17, 2011
            Yes, thank you for that great site. FoxLingo extention for FireFox is what I use.

            Els

            Many of the early scenes are from Nitra, and then later I saw Trencin and what looked like Beckov Castle.

            I do not have time to go through it with detail now because I am in the middle of something else.

            But this looks like an interesting old source.

            Mike

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "dragansk" <dragansk@...> wrote:

            > Looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing. Those drawings are fascinating. Wonder which are scenes depicting Slovak locations.

            > Dennis

            > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@> wrote:

            > > http://www.tankonyvtar.hu/konyvek/osztrak-magyar/osztrak-magyar-081204-605

            > > I happened upon this site today.This is a book and will take some time to peruse and found it to be extremely interesting.

            > > It is written in Hungarian but if you use, (Perhaps), Google Translate, you may be able to decipher the language.  The pictures re also interesting.

            > > Z Bohom

            > > Vilo

          • john aa
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2011
              Hello,

              I still have some available books for sale :
              - GUIDEBOOK ...Orava...in english langue
              - GUIDEBOOK ...Liptov...in english langue
              - GUIDEBOOK ...Spis...in english langue
              - GUIDEBOOK ...Tatras...in english langue
              - Book ...The Slovak-Polish TATRAS...in english langue
              - Book ... Nazvy obci Slovenskej republiky ...in slovak langue
              - Book ...Slovaci vo svete ......in slovak langue
              - Book ...PETROVEC ......in slovak langue

              Jan

            • john aa
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 10, 2011
                Hallo,

                existuje v Kanade nejaka stranka, kde by som nasiel Ann Obrtanec a Ondrej
                Obrtanec ?

                Jan

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 10, 2011
                  Ahoj Janek,

                  Hľadal som v Kanade, Obrtanec ako Google a Telefón Biele Stránky Direkory. Meno
                  neexistuje.

                  Optaj sa abych chstete nieco

                  Z Bohom,

                  Vilo