Michal Smetanka

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2011
      http://www.smetankovo.sk/?p=216

      I was fortunate to have met Michal, in his home town of Spis~sky Hrhove  Michal Smetanka, 8 years ago.  I was impressed with this man not only as a Fujar an Pis!telky player but for his efforts to preserve our heritage through his work in spis~sky Hrad and his own museum, in his home town.

      This site will provide you with an in depth picture of his life and work throught the world.

      In 2008, I tried to visit him, along with a friend from Smizany, (Spis~).  We looked for his home without success and finally stopped a young woman, (pushing a baby carriage), and asked for help..  She was his wife.

      Michal was not at home because he was preparing the castle for the "upcoming", official seasonal opening.

      I hope you
      will enjoy his site and appreciate his efforts, in preserving Slovak Culture as well as his humanitari