Re: Autorské právo

  • mjkopanic
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 6, 2011
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the observations, but the objective of pointing him to a
      Slovak web page is to make it very clear that I suspect the
      incompatibility is his problem, and therefore he should ask for no new
      DVD's or expect any. Hopefully he would realize that he must give me a
      good description of the reason the first DVD's failed if I am ever to
      send more.
      Ron,

      ŠÅ¥astný nový rok is an idiom, and Slovaks use it as a
      greeting in the New Year. ŠÅ¥astný means "lucky," so the
      best translation is "Lots of luck in the new year!.

      Mike
      > But let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
      >
      > Ron
      > PS in the Slovak language class one intermediate fellow said he was
      still confused over the difference between šťastný (stastny)
      and veselý (vesely). I told him to think of Stastny Novy Rok and
      Vesely Vianoce (happy new year and Merry Christmas). He was still
      uncertain, and at that point I had to give up my effort to clarify!

      > Veselé Vánoce a šťastný Nový rok!
      >

      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sorensen cerrunos1@ wrote:
      > >
      > > The kid certainly knows, Ron, I assure you. It is also plastered
      across most
      > > Czech and Slovak movies as they start, along with anti-piracy
      ads. The thing is
      > > that you have to get a player that will allow the change. I
      have one that will
      > > not lock into the fifth (or third) time, but I ordered theÂ
      player
      > > specifically. Some DVD-Rom drives will not lock, some will-
      best option is to
      > > have TWO on your computer. This way you can designate one for PAL
      and one for
      > > NTSC, but be careful not to mix them. They usually lock after five
      changes. (My
      > > computer, again, is an open drive. If it is flat and not Blu-Ray, I
      am good.)

      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SmrHNWhak
      > >
      > > This is the English version that is on so many movies... it is
      really funny when
      > > you get a burned movie with this advert on it!

      > > ________________________________

      NTSC
      > > difference, and he (I believe cavalierly) assured me his player
      could play all
      > > standards. After a few plays it will not play any more. That sounds
      consistent
      > > with the limitations I have read about, where you can play a DVD
      from a
      > > different region 3 times before it is locked out.
      > >
      > > Obviously, I want to refer the kid to a Slovak site that explains
      the
      > > complications in his own language.

    • Lubos Brieda
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
        But stastny also means happy (Som stastny, I am happy).
        -- Lubos Brieda --
        Slovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com

        Hikes and travel: www.iamlubos.com

        ________________________________
        > Thanks for the observations, but the objective of pointing him to a
        Slovak web page is to make it very clear that I suspect the
        incompatibility is his problem, and therefore he should ask for no new
        DVD's or expect any. Hopefully he would realize that he must give me a
        good description of the reason the first DVD's failed if I am ever to
        send more.
        Ron,

        ŠÅ¥astný nový rok is an idiom, and Slovaks use it as a
        greeting in the New Year. ŠÅ¥astný means "lucky," so the
        best translation is "Lots of luck in the new year!.

        Mike
        > But let me take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year!
        >
        > Ron
        > PS in the Slovak language class one intermediate fellow said he was
        still confused over the difference between šťastný (stastny)
        and veselý (vesely). I told him to think of Stastny Novy Rok and
        Vesely Vianoce (happy new year and Merry Christmas). He was still
        uncertain, and at that point I had to give up my effort to clarify!

        > Veselé Vánoce a šťastný Nový rok!
        >

        > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sorensen cerrunos1@ wrote:
        > >
        > > The kid certainly knows, Ron, I assure you. It is also plastered
        across most
        > > Czech and Slovak movies as they start, along with anti-piracy
        ads. The thing is
        > > that you have to get a player that will allow the change. I
        have one that will
        > > not lock into the fifth (or third) time, but I ordered theÂ
        player
        > > specifically. Some DVD-Rom drives will not lock, some will-
        best option is to
        > > have TWO on your computer. This way you can designate one for PAL
        and one for
        > > NTSC, but be careful not to mix them. They usually lock after five
        changes. (My
        > > computer, again, is an open drive. If it is flat and not Blu-Ray, I
        am good.)

        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SmrHNWhak
        > >
        > > This is the English version that is on so many movies... it is
        really funny when
        > > you get a burned movie with this advert on it!

        > > ________________________________

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
           A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -

          does anyone one have suggestions?

          thanks
          helene

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
            Tell her to take course this summer in Slovakia.

            Vladi

            Why doesn't she post herself here??

            At 04:52 PM 1/9/2011, you wrote:

            > A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
            >
            >does anyone one have suggestions?
            >
            >thanks
            >helene

          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
              Don't send anything, they can buy everything
              there and they can download anything there as
              well. He can get a membership in RAPID SHARE or
              can go to torrents like VUUUZE and have it all like many.

              Vladi

              At 04:43 PM 1/9/2011, you wrote:

              >But stastny also means happy (Som stastny, I am happy).
              >-- Lubos Brieda --
              >Slovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com
              >
              >Hikes and travel: www.iamlubos.com
              >
              >________________________________

            • James Dubelko
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
                I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:

                http://www.byki.com/

                I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.

                Jim Dubelko

                On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>wrote:

                > A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                >
                > does anyone one have suggestions?
                >
                > thanks
                > helene

              • Ron
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
                  How well does she wish to learn Slovak?
                  How far does she wish to take it, to proficiency in academics, household use for a single/multiple visits, or just survival in tourism?

                  I took the U of Pitt 10 week course last summer, 6 weeks in Pittsburgh plus 4 weeks in Bratislava, and cannot praise it enough. It is good enough to take anyone as far as they can go. We had one super student and one old timer who proved the two extremes of what can be gained. The professors and lessons are top notch.

                  I have collected several CD's and programs (including the CD's from the textbooks we studied from last summer) to listen to as I tour the US and try to expand my vocabulary and mastery of the language. The CD's are great for listening practice but none pretend to cover lessons or the grammar. They would be handy for building vocabulary or basic familiarity.

                  For proper lessons I would be interested in hearing of experiences with Rosetta Stone.

                  What I have to listen to are the four CD's from the A1 and A2 class books "Krizom Krazom", which are the best I have encountered. (and these are used at Pitt Summer Language Institute along with the exercise book), but the books are not, in my opinion, for self study. Other opinions are at
                  http://www.opakovanie.sk/index.php?topic=98.0

                  For casual (and cheap) vocabulary and phrases check out
                  http://www.goethe-verlag.com/book2/EN/ENSK/ENSK002.HTM
                  and order their $10 book through Amazon. It is imperfect but better than most casual students will ever become.

                  I also bought the CD's for "Slovak for You" "Exercise Book for Beginners" with 2 CD's. It cost under Euro 10 at Panta Rhei in Slovakia and gives me a different set of voices and exercises to work with.

                  To top it off I transferred the tapes from Buc's old "Slovak Language Laboratory" to CD, but have to rate them as ... terrible compared to the modern presentations. Slow, monotone, syllable by syllable. Very limited compared to the new works to be had.

                  Taking the Summer Language Institute course is the best solution, it gives a great background in grammar and broad exposure to the language as used today. The books are bulky and heavy for travel, so for my drive around the USA I am carrying "Basic Slovak" by Mistrik. Then in the springtime I hope to return, having retained some ability to speak simply.

                  Ron

                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:

                  >  A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                  >
                  > does anyone one have suggestions?
                  >
                  > thanks
                  > helene
                • Ron
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
                    What was your experience with Byki? I checked out their free trail but chose the Pitt course & dropped consideration. I am wondering what the full program is like.

                    Can you give us a detailed review & description?

                    Rn

                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, James Dubelko <jdubelko@...> wrote:

                    > I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:
                    >
                    > http://www.byki.com/
                    >
                    > I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.
                    >
                    > Jim Dubelko
                    >
                    > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>wrote:
                    >

                    > > A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                    > >
                    > > does anyone one have suggestions?
                    > >
                    > > thanks
                    > > helene

                  • helene cincebeaux
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
                      Thanks to all - will pass on the suggestions -  was reading Lubos' latest
                      www.Slovakcooking.com and noticed he had 4 language lessons posted - seems like
                      a neat and simple way to begin and then my new friend can escalate with all your
                      good ideas. We met on-line thru the Slovak Pride surname/villages list.

                      Added 1,000 new surnames and villages to Slovak Pride during the 2010 year - now
                      getting close to 30,000 listings. Get queries on it every day.

                      helene

                      ________________________________
                      How far does she wish to take it, to proficiency in academics, household use for
                      a single/multiple visits, or just survival in tourism?

                      I took the U of Pitt 10 week course last summer, 6 weeks in Pittsburgh plus 4
                      weeks in Bratislava, and cannot praise it enough. It is good enough to take
                      anyone as far as they can go. We had one super student and one old timer who
                      proved the two extremes of what can be gained. The professors and lessons are
                      top notch.

                      I have collected several CD's and programs (including the CD's from the
                      textbooks we studied from last summer) to listen to as I tour the US and try to
                      expand my vocabulary and mastery of the language. The CD's are great for
                      listening practice but none pretend to cover lessons or the grammar. They would
                      be handy for building vocabulary or basic familiarity.

                      For proper lessons I would be interested in hearing of experiences with Rosetta
                      Stone.

                      What I have to listen to are the four CD's from the A1 and A2 class books
                      "Krizom Krazom", which are the best I have encountered. (and these are used at
                      Pitt Summer Language Institute along with the exercise book), but the books are
                      not, in my opinion, for self study. Other opinions are at
                      http://www.opakovanie.sk/index.php?topic=98.0

                      For casual (and cheap) vocabulary and phrases check out
                      http://www.goethe-verlag.com/book2/EN/ENSK/ENSK002.HTM
                      and order their $10 book through Amazon. It is imperfect but better than most
                      casual students will ever become.

                      I also bought the CD's for "Slovak for You" "Exercise Book for Beginners" with 2
                      CD's. It cost under Euro 10 at Panta Rhei in Slovakia and gives me a different
                      set of voices and exercises to work with.

                      To top it off I transferred the tapes from Buc's old "Slovak Language
                      Laboratory" to CD, but have to rate them as ... terrible compared to the modern
                      presentations. Slow, monotone, syllable by syllable. Very limited compared to
                      the new works to be had.

                      Taking the Summer Language Institute course is the best solution, it gives a
                      great background in grammar and broad exposure to the language as used today.
                      The books are bulky and heavy for travel, so for my drive around the USA I am
                      carrying "Basic Slovak" by Mistrik. Then in the springtime I hope to return,
                      having retained some ability to speak simply.

                      Ron

                      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:

                      >  A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                      >
                      > does anyone one have suggestions?
                      >
                      > thanks
                      > helene

                    • William C. Wormuth
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 9, 2011
                        Huuuraaaa! Lubos wins again!

                        I hope everyone here appreciates the work that this young man has done especially in preserving our Slovak culture.

                        Lubos is versatile, clever and accurate in what he accomplishes.  He is also not afraid to learn  always displaying his humility.

                        Thanks to Helene, we were able to meet him both at the Slovak Embassy in Washington DC and at the Pitt Celebration.

                        Z Bohom,

                        Vilo

                        How far does she wish to take it, to proficiency in academics, household use for

                        a single/multiple visits, or just survival in tourism?

                        I took the U of Pitt 10 week course last summer, 6 weeks in Pittsburgh plus 4

                        weeks in Bratislava, and cannot praise it enough. It is good enough to take

                        anyone as far as they can go. We had one super student and one old timer who

                        proved the two extremes of what can be gained. The professors and lessons are

                        top notch.

                        I have collected several CD's and programs (including the CD's from the

                        textbooks we studied from last summer) to listen to as I tour the US and try to

                        expand my vocabulary and mastery of the language. The CD's are great for

                        listening practice but none pretend to cover lessons or the grammar. They would

                        be handy for building vocabulary or basic familiarity.

                        For proper lessons I would be interested in hearing of experiences with Rosetta

                        Stone.

                        What I have to listen to are the four CD's from the A1 and A2 class books

                        "Krizom Krazom", which are the best I have encountered. (and these are used at

                        Pitt Summer Language Institute along with the exercise book), but the books are

                        not, in my opinion, for self study. Other opinions are at

                        http://www.opakovanie.sk/index.php?topic=98.0

                        For casual (and cheap) vocabulary and phrases check out

                        http://www.goethe-verlag.com/book2/EN/ENSK/ENSK002.HTM

                        and order their $10 book through Amazon. It is imperfect but better than most

                        casual students will ever become.

                        I also bought the CD's for "Slovak for You" "Exercise Book for Beginners" with 2

                        CD's. It cost under Euro 10 at Panta Rhei in Slovakia and gives me a different

                        set of voices and exercises to work with.

                        To top it off I transferred the tapes from Buc's old "Slovak Language

                        Laboratory" to CD, but have to rate them as ... terrible compared to the modern

                        presentations. Slow, monotone, syllable by syllable. Very limited compared to

                        the new works to be had.

                        Taking the Summer Language Institute course is the best solution, it gives a

                        great background in grammar and broad exposure to the language as used today.

                        The books are bulky and heavy for travel, so for my drive around the USA I am

                        carrying "Basic Slovak" by Mistrik. Then in the springtime I hope to return,

                        having retained some ability to speak simply.

                        Ron

                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:

                        >  A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -

                        > does anyone one have suggestions?

                        > thanks

                        > helene

                      • James Dubelko
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 10, 2011
                          Rn,

                          I think it's a good program. Pretty intense. Lots of words and useful
                          phrases. Compels you to think of and the spell the words and phrases in
                          both languages. Good audio quality, and you can repeat words and phrases
                          and have them pronounced more slowly. Competitive format. The price is
                          good.

                          I think that if I would have stuck with it a little more, it would have been
                          very helpful. (Story of my life trying to learn Slovak.)

                          Jim

                          On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Ron <amiak27@...> wrote:

                          > What was your experience with Byki? I checked out their free trail but
                          > chose the Pitt course & dropped consideration. I am wondering what the full
                          > program is like.
                          >
                          > Can you give us a detailed review & description?
                          >
                          > Rn
                          >

                          > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com <Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com>,
                          > James Dubelko <jdubelko@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:
                          > >
                          > > http://www.byki.com/
                          > >
                          > > I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.
                          > >
                          > > Jim Dubelko
                          > >
                          > > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>wrote:
                          >

                          > > > A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                          > > >
                          > > > does anyone one have suggestions?
                          > > >
                          > > > thanks
                          > > > helene

                        • Lubos Brieda
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 10, 2011
                            Thanks guys! I have not updated those sections in a while because I did not
                            have the time. What I wold eventually (in a year) like to do is a put together
                            set of lessons following some traveler as he/she travels around the country and
                            picks up the language and culture tips along the way. Anybody know of a
                            sponsoring organization that would be interested in paying me to go to Slovakia
                            for a month or so and put together a book like that?

                          • cvargacvarga
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 11, 2011
                              I also downloaded the free part of the Byki course and started it and quickly deleted it. I noticed a few iffy things but then they had the word "taxikar" translated to "driver" (I think) it just wasn't the correct translation which made me skeptical about other translations so I didn't bother with paying for the course.

                              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

                              > What was your experience with Byki? I checked out their free trail but chose the Pitt course & dropped consideration. I am wondering what the full program is like.
                              >
                              > Can you give us a detailed review & description?
                              >
                              > Rn
                              >
                              > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, James Dubelko <jdubelko@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:
                              > >
                              > > http://www.byki.com/
                              > >
                              > > I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.
                              > >
                              > > Jim Dubelko
                              > >
                              > > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@>wrote:
                              > >

                              > > > A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                              > > >
                              > > > does anyone one have suggestions?
                              > > >
                              > > > thanks
                              > > > helene

                            • helene cincebeaux
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 11, 2011
                                Tonya Harmon has a super site
                                http://paulinescookbook.com

                                Some recipes but many more fascinating stories - the last few have been about
                                the Slovak immigrant experience with arresting pictures -

                                "Attila's Successors" tells about the Slovaks working in the factories and the
                                mines, the discrimination they faced, called "Hunkies" as my mother remembers

                                "The women who sang" - was an amazing story about the Slovak women and the
                                miner's strikes - i had never heard about this before.

                                "Greenies" told about the immigrant experience

                                all have images taken at that time and are very moving.

                                Tonya's has roots in Orava and part of her family lives in Pivnice, Serbia, a
                                Slovak village. The blog honors her beloved Aunt Pauline who taught her so much!
                                The story of her life is in one story and it is a very moving one.

                                Going on Tonya's  site you can access all her past stories even better sign up
                                to get new ones delivered to your e mail or Facebook.

                                helene

                              • genmom4
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jan 12, 2011
                                  After trying the free program, I purchased the language CD from Byki.
                                  What I liked about this was that I could actually make up lists of what I wanted to learn, since I was attempting to learn enough Slovak, in a short time, to help me out while on a trip to Slovakia.
                                  So, the word lists that I found the most important to travel could be tweaked so that I could concentrate on learning what I felt would be the most helpful.
                                  I was amazed by how many words actually stuck in my head. But that was certainly for short term learning.
                                  I must admit, though, that some of the word groupings were incorrect. I learned "glass of beer" but the translation for "glass of wine" was actually bottle of wine. That's when I realized that one is under the mercy of the program, assuming that the words are correct.
                                  And, if they are not correct, that could result in some real confusion.
                                  Even the pocket dictionary that I used had incorrect translations, as I attempted to order chicken using the word in the dictionary and the waiter was extremely confused. When I showed the word to a young Slovak woman who spoke English thoroughly, she laughed, saying that the word actually meant hen, and one would never order a hen for dinner.

                                  Ron's suggestion of taking the course certainly sounds tempting, and most people would love to spend the summer in Slovakia and Bratislava in order to learn the language. But family commitments, jobs and $$ prevent most from participating in such an experience, so learning at home is the only feasible option.

                                  So, although the program is far from perfect, I found it Byki useful in learning basics.
                                  Also, I am one to give Lubos accolades as well, as I used his site to learn some of the language as well.

                                  I also purchased EuroTalk "Talk Now" beginner's Slovak. It's supposed to be ipod ready, but didn't find that it transferred to an Ipod in a fashion that was actually useful to me.
                                  But, it was relatively inexpensive. But it had very limited sentence structure.

                                  Barbara

                                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

                                  > What was your experience with Byki? I checked out their free trail but chose the Pitt course & dropped consideration. I am wondering what the full program is like.
                                  >
                                  > Can you give us a detailed review & description?
                                  >
                                  > Rn
                                  >
                                  > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, James Dubelko <jdubelko@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:
                                  > >
                                  > > http://www.byki.com/
                                  > >
                                  > > I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.
                                  > >
                                  > > Jim Dubelko
                                  > >
                                  > > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@>wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > > A friend asked me to recommend a software program to learn Slovak -
                                  > > >
                                  > > > does anyone one have suggestions?
                                  > > >
                                  > > > thanks
                                  > > > helene

                                • dragansk
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 15, 2011
                                    I meant to mention earlier that there are also learning materials developed by Tomas Dratva for the Peace Corps in the 90s. I suppose that because these were developed with tax dollars, they became available free for downloading at http://bohemica.com/slovak

                                    There are four items -- all in PDF format, which can be printed and used easily. They can only be used for non-profit use. I printed them all and keep them in a large binder. They include: 1) Basic Slovak section, 2) Slovak Textbook, 3) Slovak Grammar, and 4) Slovak Workbook (exercises). I make them available to students in my basic Slovak classes, although we've actually only used a few pages from the Basic Slovak section.

                                    The last time I checked, the downloads were not on the Bohemica web site any more, although the site indicates they are. In any case, I have the files and can place them in this group's "Files" section if there's interest. In all, the size of the four files is 3.45 MB. One idea is for interested group members to download the Basic Slovak section first, then use the other sections if interested.

                                    Dennis

                                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "cvargacvarga" <colinpeire@...> wrote:

                                    > I also downloaded the free part of the Byki course and started it and quickly deleted it. I noticed a few iffy things but then they had the word "taxikar" translated to "driver" (I think) it just wasn't the correct translation which made me skeptical about other translations so I didn't bother with paying for the course.
                                    >
                                    > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > What was your experience with Byki? I checked out their free trail but chose the Pitt course & dropped consideration. I am wondering what the full program is like.
                                    > >
                                    > > Can you give us a detailed review & description?
                                    > >
                                    > > Rn
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, James Dubelko <jdubelko@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > http://www.byki.com/
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Jim Dubelko

                                  • Lubos Brieda
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 17, 2011
                                      HI Dennis, I would be interested in seeing these. I just checked the Files
                                      section but it appears to be empty...

                                    • smontko
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 17, 2011
                                        Lubos et all

                                        In the file section
                                        Slovak Language
                                        4 PDF files

                                        Sam

                                        --- In mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com, "cvargacvarga" <colinpeire@...> wrote:

                                        > I also downloaded the free part of the Byki course and started it and quickly
                                        >deleted it. I noticed a few iffy things but then they had the word "taxikar"
                                        >translated to "driver" (I think) it just wasn't the correct translation which
                                        >made me skeptical about other translations so I didn't bother with paying for
                                        >the course.
                                        >
                                        > --- In mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > What was your experience with Byki? I checked out their free trail but chose
                                        >the Pitt course & dropped consideration. I am wondering what the full program
                                        >is like.
                                        > >
                                        > > Can you give us a detailed review & description?
                                        > >
                                        > > Rn
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In mailto:Slovak-World%40yahoogroups.com, James Dubelko <jdubelko@> wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I've tried a few. This one is the best I've found:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > http://www.byki.com/
                                        > > >
                                        > > > I'll defer, though, to those who have mastered the language. I haven't.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Jim Dubelko

                                      • Lubos Brieda
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jan 18, 2011
                                          I see it now, I think I was looking under "dcslovaks".