Re: [Slovak-World] Pa Churches

  • Taoz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2011
      Vilo,
      You were lucky. In my home town they closed all three churches and
      substituted nothing. People there now have to go several miles in either of 2
      ways to get to mass. The situation is getting worse and worse all over. I
      am now in NYC and we get packed churches on Christmas and Easter and not too
      many attending the other weekends.
      Pavel

      In a message dated 12/31/2010 2:41:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      senzus@... writes:

      There is a shortage of priests. Rather than have one priest serve three
      parishes in a city, the diocese closes "three" and unites the parishioners
      under on newly named parish in the one remaining church. Our former St.
      Patrick's is now, Holy Trinity which combines: St Anthony's, Immaculate
      Conception and St. Patrick's.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      --- On Thu, 12/30/10, _smudsville@..._ (mailto:smudsville@...)

      From: _smudsville@..._ (mailto:smudsville@...)
      <_smudsville@..._ (mailto:smudsville@...) >
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Pa Churches
      To: _slovak-world@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:slovak-world@yahoogroups.com)
      Date: Thursday, December 30, 2010, 12:26 AM

      I apologize if this is a dumb question but what happens to the priests of
      the closed churches? This seems such a large number of churches to close.
      Why is this happening?dlb

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 31, 2011
        The churches are closing because of the lack of priests.

        I apologize if this is a dumb question but what happens to the priests of the closed churches? This seems such a large number of churches to close. Why is this happening?dlb

      • James Dubelko
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2011
          In Cleveland, they're closing as well because of lack of parishioners!

          Jim Dubelko

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 1, 2011
            And don't forget the $$$ the church is paying out to the lawyers for the sex abuse.