Re: [Slovak-World] Vilo--- Dobry Den!

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 29, 2010
      Working on it George,

      Two things you should know. 1, Ubl'a is also Ung.  and 2, Juraj in Hungarian is Gyorgy, (Gy in Slovak language would be out D' a d sound pronounced as "D" but with your tongue on the roof of your mouth).  Eastern Slovaks use dz instead of d'.

      There are many immigrants fro that village which had 900+ residents at that time.

      I will write again soon.....it is 2:17AM and I give up for now.

      Z Bohom,

      Vilo

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...>

      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Dobry Den! (A visit to Slovakia)

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Wednesday, December 29, 2010, 7:41 AM

      All part of the magic of this site.

      From: William C. Wormuth <senzus@...>

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 7:27 PM

      Why not...... I am doing it (Ubl'a, na Vychod) for Jurko Szirko. Most of my help

      now days in for Eastern Slovaks and I am learning a lot from it.

      By the way, greetings to you my long lost friend, Helene. You probably don't

      want to contact me, since you turned Hindu..........

      Vilo

      From: helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>

      From: Marycay Doolittle <marycayd@...>

      From: stephanie nelson