Re: TRANSLATION OF "CANTUS"

  • Lou
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
      Cantus (singular & plural) is "song) with several connotations; e.g. a poem, song of a bird. music instrument. spell; Other Latin derivatives used in English: cantor, canticulum. Verb: canto, cantare. In liturgy: Cantus Gregorianus, cantus planus, cantus simplex. We use "CANTUS" in one of our Slovak books" to translate "songs, hymns, & folk songs: The full title is: "Slovak Songs in Latin, Slovak English: With 170 Music Scores and 93 Illustrations" (Resonantia Tatrae: Cantus Populi Slovaci). q.v. < www.bolchazy.com<http://www.bolchazy.com/>> or www.slovakculture.org<http://www.slovakculture.org/> . Majte sa dobre, s uctou, LOU (Ladislaus, J. {Laci} Bolchazy

      **************************************
      Lou Bolchazy
      President
      Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers, Inc.
      1570 Baskin Road
      Mundelein, Illinois 60060
      lou@...<mailto:lou@...>
      Tollfree: 800.392.6453
      Phone: 847.388.7123
      Fax: 847.526.2867
      **************************************
      Slovak American International Cultural
      Foundation, Inc.
      1570 Baskin Road
      Mundelein, Illinois 60060
      Phone: 847.526.4396
      **************************************

      We've moved!! Please note new address & phone number above.

      "A better future through the lessons of the past."
      www.bolchazy.com<http://www.bolchazy.com/>

      "Slavic books and art, our best ambassadors to the world."
      www.slovakculture.org<http://www.slovakculture.org/>

      "The antidote to xenophobia is reading each others literatures."
      www.gilgamesh-online.com<http://www.gilgamesh-online.com/>
      www.ceecs.net<http://www.ceecs.net/>

      Contribute to our Forums at www.bolchazy.com/forum<http://www.bolchazy.com/forum>:
      AP Classics, eLearning, Artes Latinae, and more!

      Get your daily dose of Latin and BC news at
      www.bcpublishers.blogspot.com/<http://www.bcpublishers.blogspot.com/>