Re: Handicrsafts--26

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
      Conflated: ... while millers preferred Transdanubia, bakers opted for Transdanubia, TRANSYLVANIA, AND Vojvodina, SADDLERS, STRAP MAKERS, AND BELT MAKERS TRANSDANUBIA, VOJVODINA, Croatia, and Steiermark...

      > These differences also played a role in creating different
      > structures [This could mean practically anything. Martin,
      > what was the original word?] of artisan production in these
      > regions.

      The same. _Organizational differences_ might be a somewhat clearer alternative.

      Martin
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        Helen,

        My copy of the book has a different phrase in it:

        "They also had a certain influence on forming a different structure of artisan production in these regions of Slovakia."

        in place of what you wrote. As Martin wrote, _Organizational differences_ might be somewhat clearer.

        Ron

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Fedor, Helen" <hfed@...> wrote:
        These differences also played a role in creating different structures [This could mean practically anything. Martin, what was the original word?] of artisan production in these regions.

      • Fedor, Helen
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
          Ron,
          This is what my book has too, so I guess that in this case my "clean-up" didn't clarify anything at all.

          All opinions and mis-clarifications my own