Pitt festival details

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2010
      The festival is free, the participants volunteer. Updated information with links to presenters, performers, displays, vendors, directions, and a flyer is here:

      <http://www.pitt.edu/~votruba/currentinfo/currentinfo.html>

      The festival is free. We are incurring unexpected costs: the university requires additional, new insurance charges this year, which is of concern with our tight, modest budget (the participants volunteer).

      Consider helping the festival by bringing/sending a check in a small amount this year, $1-2 will not be too little if enough of those who come warm up to the festival as a shared effort:

      Pitt Slovak Heritage Festival
      1417 CL
      U. of Pittsburgh, PA 15260

      Bring and donate (home made) cookies, pastries for resale to help defray the costs. And enjoy lots of those special pastries when you're here, 100 percent of that money is for the festival. Contact Chris, or bring your goodies (checks) to the pastry table in the Commons Room, please.

      Contact - Christine Metil

      Phone: (412) 624-5906

      E-mail: slavic "at" pitt "dot" edu

      And welcome to the festival. It started with an enthusiastic group of students of the Slovak Studies Program 20 years ago, and has been made to bloom each year by Chris Metil for most of the time since.