Heritage

  • amymemom
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2010
      Good morning everyone:

      I am researching my Slovak heritage - my mom came to America in 1903 at the age of 6 - we do not know too much about my father other than he came over about the same time from Kurima. I know chances of learning anything are pretty remote but I wanted to try anyway. I have never been to Slovakia but am hopeful that some day I will get there.

      I am thrilled to have found this group and hope to get to know some of you and your history as well....
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2010
        Amy:

        You are in for a real treat.  There are a number of experts on the country & the culture here.

        Save your pennies & go as soon as possible.  You will not regret it.  It is probably the most hospitable place I have ever been.  Including home for the holidays w/ my own relatives.  [That says far more about the Slovak hospitality than it does about my relatives. :)]

        Chuck