New Jersey Festival

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2010
      I also have to add that Ben is too modest. He was wonderful ! As he
      was walking around playing many many people and young girls asked to have
      their picture taken with him and when they announced that he would play a
      roar went up from the audience. See Ben we will not let you hide.
      Our Cousin from Slovakia called to tell us that the festival was on telivision
      and that he saw the president and my husband with the feathers in his hat.

      The food was wonderful the vendors were wonderful and the entertainment was superb. \

      KATHERINE
    • Lubos Brieda
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2010
        On STV
        http://www.stv.sk/online/archiv/spravy-stv?id=14098&scroll=473

        Not sure if the link will work, but if not, go to 27.09.10 and then click on
        "USA - New Jersey: Slovensky Festival"
        -- Lubos Brieda --
        Get your free Slovak recipe book at slovakcooking.com/brochure

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2010
          Katherine, you are way too kind. :-) It was alot of fun- and seeing the
          President's undivided attention while I played/sand "Hori, aj niz~ina, nas~a
          mila krajina..." was really special.

          However, the real heart of the festival was Svojna from Michalovce. They were,
          as always, awesome; thier music is often featured on www.jankohrasko.sk.  Also,
          finding that fujara from Mikulas Rybar (now to save pennies) was also
          inspiring.... But I made the mistake of being too surprised when it was handed
          to me. I knew what it was- but I don't think the seller did. :-P Well, he does
          now. :-D
          Love you all!
          Ben