2010 Miss Czech Slovak US Results

  • mary_eliza
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 5:36 PM
      The 24th annual MISS CZECH-SLOVAK US PAGEANT is now history. As with each pageant there are many highlights stemming from all the contestants. Speech eloquence, poise and appearance and personality were outstanding among all 13 contestants.

      The pageant was held at the Wilber Outdoor Theater in the heart of beautiful Wilber, NE. 13 contestants competed for the title of 2010-11 Miss Czech Slovak US. The contestants were evaluated on four categories: Private interview, Onstage Interview, Kroj (costume) modeling and Talent Presentation. The competition was exceptional!

      Stefanie Vocasek, Nebraska, of Lincoln, NE was crowned 2010-11 Miss Czech Slovak United States, along with winning Grand Talent. Stefanie attends the Southeast Community College in Milford, NE. She is studying for her Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a focus on Information Systems Management. She is the daughter of Bill and Deb Vocasek. With the title Stefanie will receive $1500 cash, $2500 towards a trip to the Czech or Slovak Republic and a special $250 educational scholarship in memory of John Rokusek, crown, sash, crystal and trophy. Debbie Jindra, Minnesota, of Edina, MN was crowned 1st Runner Up, Sokol Winner and the Oratory Award. Stephanie Krubsack, Wisconsin, of Kaukauna,WI was crowned 2nd Runner Up. Jacey Jedlicka, Oklahoma, of Oklahoma City, OK won Talent Runner Up. Lea Sohrabi, Illinois of Oswego, IL won the Authentic Kroj Award. Morgan McMichen, Missouri of Kansas City, MO won Americanized Kroj and Miss Congeniality. Aubrey Ptacek, Kansas of Dorrance, KS won the Lois Fiala Spirit Award. Simone Hrouda, Oregon of Portland, OR won the Heritage Involvement Award.

      Other than our above 8 winners, we had 5 other outstanding contestants, Rachel Hurley, Texas of Elgin, TX; Ivana Kakalejikova, Michigan of Brownstown, MI; Jennifer Pechous, South Dakota of Tabor, SD; Katrina Tomecek, Massachusetts of Boston, MA and Beth Westlake, Iowa of Coralville, IA.

      For pictures of our wonderful contestants, award winners and 2010 Queen and Court, please see our website www.missczechslovakus.com. Please feel free to utilize these pictures with your organization. I would like to thank my pageant committee, Board of Directors, and all that helped to make this pageant a success. A special thank you to the WFLA and the many sponsors that make this pageant possible, for a complete list of our wonderful sponsors please see our website.

      If you are interested in competing in the 2011 Miss Czech Slovak US pageant, please contact myself or see our website for complete rules and regulations. I am excited to look forward to the 25th Miss Czech Slovak US 2011 pageant August 5, 6, and 7 held during the National Czech Festival of Wilber, Nebraska.

      Sincerely,
      MaryElizabeth Lackey
      Miss Czech Slovak US Pageant Director
      missczechslovakus@...