RE: [Slovak-World] Traditional agriculture--51

  • lkocik@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 66 , Aug 5, 2010
      Vilo
      Thank you for your thoughts on this subject.
      It certainly isn't the answer I was looking for, but it's what I need to understand....that is; if I assume or try to use [my] logic, to continue my research from my last "known" relative, it will not be valid, and actually taint the body of work I have. Your right about the variables, and again Vilo; thanks for helping me out.
      As a native born American of the "Pepsi" generation, I suffer the syndrom of instant gratification.

      From: Fedor, Helen <hfed@...>

      To: "'Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com'" <Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 8:56 AM

      Might it be possible that your name was Kočić, pronounced <koh-cheech>? I looked on the Web for this spelling and found that it's a Serbian name, e.g.:

      < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Ko%C4%8Di%C4%87 >

      < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandar_Koci%C4%87 >

      < http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=AL&competitorid=114586&type=result >

      < http://www.artnet.com/artist/425003854/stevan-kocic.html >

      etc.

      Maybe your ancestors immigrated from what was later Yugoslavia?

      All opinions and guesses my own

      From: Helen Fedor <hfed@...<mailto:hfed%40loc.gov>>

      From: "Fedor, Helen" <hfed@...<mailto:hfed%40loc.gov><mailto:hfed%40loc.gov>>

      Message 66 of 66 , Aug 14, 2010
        I agree with Lubos, your wealth of knowledge is amazing and you should create a book of sorts. Sharing your knowledge helps it to live on and enrich all of us. Thanks for sharing here.
        Carolyn