RE: [Slovak-World] Traditional agriculture--51

  • Lou
    Message 1 of 66 , Aug 4 2:38 PM
      Mila Helenka, I was a kocis in 1948 - 1949 at the age of 10. When my father left Michalovce to go back to country of birth, USA, he left a koc with a horse which he had operated as a taxi for weddings, Christenings and back & forth the train station. I took over the business. Kocik is also something in which you must have spent some happy moments - no longer remembered, of course. That is for babies like you must have been( a baby carriage). Kocis is also a professional driver, like a bus driver now. Thanks for sharing your etymological investigation. *** I found the word in one of my dictionaries. By the way, years ago I acquired Albert Caforio's 2 vol. Dictionary set (Engl-Slov, Slovak-English) which I may give to not-for-profit organizations. If your Sloval-World would like to get about 10-20 sets free (just pay the h/p), I'll be happy to send them to your org. Dispose ad libitum - as promo materials, door gifts, presents to your speakers, etc. Ruky bockavam, a servus. LACI

      From: "Fedor, Helen" <hfed@...<mailto:hfed%40loc.gov>>

      Message 66 of 66 , Aug 14 7:03 PM
        I agree with Lubos, your wealth of knowledge is amazing and you should create a book of sorts. Sharing your knowledge helps it to live on and enrich all of us. Thanks for sharing here.
        Carolyn