Re: [Slovak-World] More Pieniny Pics

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2010
      Russ, My daughter, 13 y/o granddaughter and I enjoyed the raft ride
      three or so weeks ago on Helene's tour. They had fun putting one foot
      in Poland and the other in Slovakia. It was my fourth raft ride on
      the Dunajec. I was surprised to see the new bridge.

      So many changes in the country since I was there in '05. Almost
      didn't recognize Hviezdoslovovo Namesti in Bratislava for the
      overgrown trees (the street that leads to the divadlo).

      I visited my mother's village Zahorska Bystrica only to find my
      mother's house gone--a new house/garage in its place. It was there in
      '05. :(

      Julia Matchett

      On Jul 25, 2010, at 7:58 AM, mccoy4984 wrote:

      > For those who are interested, I've posted about 10 more Pieniny
      > pictures on the blog. I've also added another example of Georgian
      > hospitality. Finally, I've included a few off topic pictures of the
      > scenic road to Mecca. Please check them out at:
      >
      > http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/
      >
      > Thanks! Russ

    • mccoy4984
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
        Julie,

        Stop it! You're making me want to take another trip there:) Yes, that area was amazing. I know the people living there aren't wealthy but everything looks so beautiful and you could eat off the streets they're so clean! Just goes to show you how far a little pride will take you.
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Matchett <wmatchett@...> wrote:

        > Russ, My daughter, 13 y/o granddaughter and I enjoyed the raft ride
        > three or so weeks ago on Helene's tour. They had fun putting one foot
        > in Poland and the other in Slovakia. It was my fourth raft ride on
        > the Dunajec. I was surprised to see the new bridge.
        >
        > So many changes in the country since I was there in '05. Almost
        > didn't recognize Hviezdoslovovo Namesti in Bratislava for the
        > overgrown trees (the street that leads to the divadlo).
        >
        > I visited my mother's village Zahorska Bystrica only to find my
        > mother's house gone--a new house/garage in its place. It was there in
        > '05. :(
        >
        > Julia Matchett
        >
        > On Jul 25, 2010, at 7:58 AM, mccoy4984 wrote:
        >
        > > For those who are interested, I've posted about 10 more Pieniny
        > > pictures on the blog. I've also added another example of Georgian
        > > hospitality. Finally, I've included a few off topic pictures of the
        > > scenic road to Mecca. Please check them out at:
        > >
        > > http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/
        > >
        > > Thanks! Russ

      • mccoy4984
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2010
          Edie!

          Thank you so much for the kind words. I will try to put up some more Pieniny pics this weekend. Russ