New Jersey Slovak Day

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2010
      The 33rd Slovak Heritage Festival Honoring
      The Rev. Joseph Murgas, (Priest,Scientist, Inventor)
      will be held on:

      Sunday - September 26, 2010
      10:A.M. - 6 P.M.

      PNC Bank Arts Center
      Exit 116, Garden State Parkway
      Holmdel, N.J.

      NO ENTRANCE FEE OR PARKING FEE

      THIS YEARS PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:

      I. Roman Catholic Mass-celebrated by

      Archbishop Bernard Bober
      from the Diocese of Kosice at 11:00 A.M.

      II. Ethnic Program at 2:00P.M.
      A. Parade of Fashions
      B. Dancing and Singing by
      SVOJINA
      (A Slovak group from Michalovce)

      C. Ben Sorenson on the Fujara

      D. Soccer Tournament

      E. Other additions to be announced

      III. Vendors selling Slovak Crystal. ceramics etc. and
      delicious Slovak Food.

      Contact Steve Zluky 908-534-2710

      Hey!!!read that over Ben will be there and so will Helene.
      Helene's new book is out and she will have some with her.
    • Lubos Brieda
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2010
        Thanks for letting us know Katherine. I posted the festival on our D.C. Slovak
        meetup calendar. We will try to get a mini-bus if we get enough people
        interested.
        -- Lubos Brieda--
        www.slovakcooking.com
        www.iamlubos.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2010
          Every year it has been one thing or another and I am bound and determined
          to make it this year...I am Marianne daughter of Lillian Sabanosh and I
          cannot wait to go!!! I live in Ridgewood, NJ.