Fw: [RusynHeritage] [Carpatho-Rusyn Cultural Center] ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Maryann Sivak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2010
      Event: Rusyn Zabava (Dance)
      When: Friday, July 16, 2010
      Time: 7:00 p.m.
      Where: Carpatho-Rusyn Society
      915 Dickson Street, Munhall, PA
      Phone: 412-567-3077

      After a successful summer sing-along program with Jerry Jumba, we thought you
      would enjoy learning Rusyn dances to the tunes of his wonderful accordion and
      Bob Bartko’s guitar.

      On Jul 16ththe C-RS National, in collaboration with the Pittsburgh Chapter, will
      be hosting a summer dance at the Cultural Center in Munhall. Admission to this,
      our first zabava, will be $5.00 per person. With your suppport, we hope that
      this will be the first of many. We will be delighted to see you there.

      We are pleased to announce that the mayor of Presov,Slovakia, and his wife will
      also be attending this dance. Presov is Pittsburgh’s sister city. John
      Righetti and I first met Mayor Hagyari at a Rusyn masquerade ball in February of
      2009. That evening he mentioned a possible trip to Pittsburgh. Naturally we
      invited him to come and tour our center. We are very pleased that he did
      remember and are looking forward to his visit.

      For those eager to learn authentic Rusyn dance step, Dean Poloka will
      offer demonstrations. You will also have the opportunity to practice
      the steps before going on the floor.

      Dean started his career with Slavjane in 1976 and was a member of the
      dance troupe for 13 years. He won a Duquesne University
      Tamburitzans scholarship in 1989. He has
      instructed and performed for several Junior Tamburitzan groups and the
      Pittsburgh
      International Folk Theater (PIFT). With grants from the Carpatho-
      Rusyn Society and Slavjane, Dean has studied traditional
      Carpatho-Rusyn dance styling and choreography with the well
      known ensembles Šarišan, PUĽS,
      Dúbrava, and Folklórny Subor
      Šariš. He is presently director and choreographer of Slavjane.

      So please come and dance with us on July 16th. This could be a great
      opportunity to show Dean's Slavjane youngsters that real fun begins after high
      school.

      --
      Posted By Maryann to Carpatho-Rusyn Cultural Center at 7/10/2010 10:11:00 PM