Re: [Slovak-World] Upcoming Slovakia Trip

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 11, 2010
      Lubos- let me see Zuzka off, and I will write that right up! I will have alot
      more time with the wife and kids in Poprad and Zuzka in BA, and an empty
      house....
      Ben

      ________________________________
      From: Ron <amiak27@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Upcoming Slovakia Trip
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 11:13 AM

      I am happy to read about all of the good experiences on travels to SK! I
      will be headed there myself in a week, heading over after 6 weeks of exposure to

      Slovak Language at U of Pitt; we will continue with 4 more weeks in Slovakia,
      hopefully putting what we have been exposed to (and hopefully learned) to use.

      Slovak is a fascinating and complicated language. I would recommend looking
      into it in depth for anyone with an interest. Between the language studies,
      cultural discussions and the activities planned for the 4 weeks study in
      Slovakia, I expect to come back with a nicely expanded perception of the
      country. As it is I am the senior person in the classroom, ironically with one
      student a "historian" researching the 1960's & 1970's! He doesn't understand
      that that is not history, that is current events recently past....

      But it is all in your perspective. My first trip to Slovakia was in 1970. The
      program at Pitt is excellent with two native Slovak professors sharing the 5
      hour a day teaching burden. It promises to be an interesting experience on this
      trip, and I will follow that up by lingering in Slovakia & Europe for another 6
      weeks.

      Yes, this is my trip with the luxury of time.

      Ron

    • memzommi1@aol.com
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 12, 2010
        thank you! this made me cry!