WV Governor

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
      Governor Manchin of WV said on TV that family was Czechoslovak and
      Italian. Anyone know if they were Czech or Slovak?

      BTW, just got back from Slovakia two days ago. Great trip on Helene's
      "Immersion in Slovak Villages & Castles". Also visited relatives near
      Bratislava and in Bohemia. This was a three generation trip--my
      daughter and granddaughter. They were dressed in kroje in Telgart.
      The Helpa festival was fun. Caught a glimpse of the Slovakia
      president. Nice weather. Fantastic countryside/mountains.

      Julia Matchett
    • slovak821@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2010
        Julia,
        I noticed your email address indicates you live in Central Florida; I
        live in Orlando. I am so happy that you had a great trip to Slovakia.
        The fact that your daughter and granddaughter also went makes it all the more
        special.
        Jacqueline