Re: LDS Family History Site

  • dragansk
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2010
      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/FHL_Online.htm

      Quick Start
      Here is a quick outline on how to access and view the records. The FHL site is clean, simple and intuitive to operate. If you have been holding back on the purchase of a large-screen monitor, this may be the excuse you need.
      1. Begin at the FHL Pilot Site
      2. Select "Browse our record collections"
      3. Select "Europe" from the drop-down, or click on the map.
      4. Scroll to the very bottom
      5. Select the country of interest:

      • "Slovakia, Presov Region Church Books" - you have two choices – working with the old Magyar ("Hungarian) names, or with the present-day Slovakia records. Either one takes you to the same set of records. If you are unsure of the name, try them both.
      • Czech Republic - Select the archive or region of interest.
      6. View and Select the Religion
      7. View and Select the Village
      8. View and select the type of records of interest (marriages, baptisms, or deaths)
      9. An Adobe Flash rendering of the scanned pages will start. You've arrived!
      10. Navigate pages with the "Image" number or left/right arrow navigation.

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Joan Hendershot" <jhender3@...> wrote:

      > Would someone be able to send me the LDS Family History Site for reading
      > microfilms online.
      >

      > I got a new computer and when my favorites were transferred, somehow this
      > website got lost.
      >

      > Thank You
      >
      > Joan

    • Joan Hendershot
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2010
        Thank you, thank you, thank you.....Joan

        > Would someone be able to send me the LDS Family History Site for reading
        > microfilms online.
        >

        > I got a new computer and when my favorites were transferred, somehow this
        > website got lost.
        >

        > Thank You
        >
        > Joan

      • Norb / Mary Ziegler
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2011
          Is there a way to find out when Slovakia Church Records for Velke
          Rovne, Slovakia, will be available either on line or on microfilm
          (that can be ordered for viewing at one's local Family History Center) ?

          Velke Rovne is in the Bytca District, Zilina Region.

          I have gone to the following website over the past six months, but
          nothing has been added for Velke Rovne.

          https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A//
          api.familysearch.org/records/collection/1554443/waypoints

          Thanks for your help.

          Norb

          Researching Belcik / Belcsik.