Brzynda (sp) LOL

  • rson6542
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2010
      Hi Everyone,
      I had just moved to another city to attend a school. Trying to better my chances of finding work after being unemployed for over a year. Well anyways... I went into a Produce shop here in Clearwater Fl. They had Sheep Cheese from Bulgaria. For those that are experts ;) I am not sure if it is close to Svk or not because I have only had it once when I was in Slovakia in 2005. The store is located at the corner of Belcher and Nursery St's in Clearwater.

      Rick Sonzella
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2010
        Ahoj Rick,

        I occasionally buy Bulgarian Bryndza in Albany, NY, the only local source.  I tried the Ukrainia but the Bulgarian was better.  I found it to be a bit milder than that In Slovakia but really liked it.  I was VERY expensive, (as I remember, $10.50 per pound) and I don't buy it any more.

        Enjoy,!

        Z Bohom

        Vilo

        I had just moved to another city to attend a school. Trying to better my chances of finding work after being unemployed for over a year. Well anyways... I went into a Produce shop here in Clearwater Fl. They had Sheep Cheese from Bulgaria. For those that are experts ;) I am not sure if it is close to Svk or not because I have only had it once when I was in Slovakia in 2005. The store is located at the corner of Belcher and Nursery St's in Clearwater.

        Rick Sonzella

      • Rick Sonzella
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2010
          Ahoj Vilo,
          If I remember right it was like $7.50 a pound in brine. This produce market had foods from all over eastern Europe.. it was quite a surprise. Going to have to find a recipe for Brzynda halusky and make it for my roommate and myself sometime. LOL

          Rick Sonzella