scam spam using our group name

  • Julie Michutka
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 7:01 AM
      Hi everyone,

      This is the second of my groups in the last three days to have this
      scam sent out to group members. Just so you know, it's an oldie but
      baddie; probably most of you are familiar with it and won't fall for
      it, but just in case anyone hasn't seen it before, here's my heads-up.

      The other list I was on had someone post a warning about it, followed
      by about 25 messages saying "yeah, I got it too!" Not to sound like
      the list's den mother, but possibly we don't need to see bunches of
      "me too" messages about this.

      Here is how it showed up in my mailbox; I deleted the name, because I
      don't believe it was sent by the person named, and I don't want to
      cause that person embarrassment. ---Julie Michutka

      From: [I've deleted the name]@...
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Need Help!!!

      Date: May 31, 2010 8:41:47 AM EDT

      To: [deleted again]@...

      I'm in a deep mess right now and I need your help.I am in tears as i
      am writing you now,sorry I didn't inform you about my trip,I had a
      trip to the United Kingdom(Buckinghamshire) and a bizarre thing
      happened to me.I was mugged at gun point last night, it happened at
      the park of the Hotel were i lodged but thank God i wasn't hurt, the
      muggers carted away with all my belongings excluded my passport.
      Cell,c-card,cash and some important documents are all gone.I was able
      to make contact with the Uk Police and i was directed to the Embassy,
      but they seems to be taking things too slow.

      I need your help so urgently.. My flight leaves pretty soon but
      i am having problems sorting out the hotel bills and also need getting
      my ticket straightened out. I need your help. I need a quick loan from
      you to get things fixed out here, promise to refund as soon as i get
      back home. Your support and assistance will go a long way here.please
      reply asap so i can tell you what to do and how to get the money to me
      via western union..Hope to read from you soon.