Re: [Slovak-World] Austria

  • PAULA BYRD
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2010
      Thank you Vilo!

      On the emigration information my Grandfather listed Gnezda(Hniezde) and my Grandmother listed Ujlublo(Nova Lubovna).

      Can you tell me where these are located from Gradisca Austria?

      Paula
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2010
        Paula,

        Route 67, just west of Stara Lubovna, and Nona Lubovna is just South o Stara L. :o):o):o)

        http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/stara-lubovna/

        Vilo

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2010
          Vilo,

          Where are those 2 towns from Gradisa Austria? If Grandparents were born in Austria I am trying to find out how they ended up in those 2 towns.

          Paula
          Route 67, just west of Stara Lubovna, and Nona Lubovna is just South o Stara L. :o):o):o)

          http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/stara-lubovna/<http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/stara-lubovna/>

          Vilo

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2010
            Paula,

            I understand your "confusion". They were born in Austria Hungary. Some are listed in records as Austria and others, Hungary. The use of the "G", rather than "H", In the spelling of Hniezda, I because it is close to the Polish border where the Name could have been pronounced with a "G".

            There is often confusion when researching records because names and places are recorded in German or Hungarian. You have now opened yourself to a study of East European. History.

            Google both towns to find the History.

            Vilo

            ________________________________

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2010
              Thank you Vilo! I will now under take the task of learning my history. I was adopted and just found my Birth Mother and she told me who my Father was as he has passed away along with the rest of his side. He was first generation born here in the US. Know that I know my Ancestry I am curious about where my grandparents came from.

              Where are those 2 towns from Gradisa Austria? If Grandparents were born in Austria I am trying to find out how they ended up in those 2 towns.

              Paula
              Route 67, just west of Stara Lubovna, and Nona Lubovna is just South o Stara L. :o):o):o)

              http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/stara-lubovna/<http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/presov/stara-lubovna/><http://www.maplandi<http://www.maplandi/> a.com/slovakia/ presov/stara- lubovna/>

              Vilo

              ____________ _________ _________ __
              On the emigration information my Grandfather listed Gnezda(Hniezde) and my Grandmother listed Ujlublo(Nova Lubovna).

              Can you tell me where these are located from Gradisca Austria?

              Paula
              Slovenia. http://en.wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia/><http://en.wikipedia/<http://en.wikipedia/>> .org/wiki/ County_of_ Gorizia<http://en.wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia/><http://en.wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia/> /> .org/wiki/ County_of_ Gorizia>
              Maplandia - http://www.maplandi<http://www.maplandi/><http://www.maplandi/<http://www.maplandi/>> a.com/slovenia/ gorisnica/ gradisca<http://www.maplandi<http://www.maplandi/><http://www.maplandi<http://www.maplandi/> /> a.com/slovenia/ gorisnica/ gradisca>

              Vilo

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2010
                My family name was also spelled w/ a 'D' in English instead of a 'G' in Slovak.

                So don't be confused.

                It is another reason why this website is so priceless.

[...]

              • helene cincebeaux
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2010
                  hi Paula - i am taking a group of people with roots in Nova Lubovna there this july on my  Treasures of Slovakia trip.

                  why don't you e mail me directly - possibly you share a connection with them.

                  Hey - i just looked and you do share a Barlik ancestor - wow - goose bump time - do get back to me!

                  Nova Lubovna has a web site you would enjoy - tho the town name is Nova or "New" it has a very long history.

                  helene
                  helenezx@...