Re: [Slovak-World] St. Casmir's Cleveland, Ohio

    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 22 7:52 AM
      Thank goodness Atlanta is trying to save & move at least one old Buffalo church.

      An interesting story.

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 8:28 AM

      Because the Church is being sued by trial lawyers for the sins pedophile priests.

      They are seeking revenue in the real estate & the treasures donated by the original founders.

      From: coptic2@aol. com <coptic2@aol. com>

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 3:12 PM

      It's a shame what is happening in Cleveland. The next one to go will be

      St. Wendelins, a slovak parish on the west side. Needless to say this is my

      mother church and were I attended elementary school.

      The diocese has published the listing price for the churches to be closed.

      As a real estate appraiser with a specialty in church appraising I offered

      my services at a minimal price. I understand W has been stripped of its

      statuary, etc. but the church isn't officially closed. The churches look like

      some visigoths have swept thru town and raped and pillaged many churches.

      The parishioners paid to build these magnificent churches and now they have

      no say in their demise. Why can't the churches be appraised for a fair

      price and offered for sale to the parishioners. Haven't many factories been

      sold to the employees? They would assume ownership and control using their

      prior efforts and offerings, tithes and pledges as a downpayment. Also, like

      in the old circuit riding days; they could rent a priest from the diocese

      for one sunday mass. If you wanted a wedding or funeral at the church you

      would personally handle the arrangements. In some rural counties (Holmes) a

      priest has saturday evening mass at one parish and late or early mass at the

      two other parishes. This way the parish can remain as part of the viable

      fabric of the community and pass on its cultural heritage.. I repeat the

      churches need to be sold back to the parish. The parish can also rent the

      premises to other houses of worship or turn the building into an art museum,

      private school, gym, theater, medical clinic, senior apartments or a private

      residence. I've appraised churches and synagogues for a variety of alternate

      uses. In one, the lower level was rented out for a day care center, senior

      center and a soup kitchen while the priests residence became a group home..

      These buildings are all works of art and should be treated accordingly.

      I understand Bishop Pilla is coming back to W for a special memory mass

      before Lennon (Lenin) and his storm troopers secretly come thru and pillage.

      If anyone could use my assistance please feel free to contact me as I live in

      the diocese. By the way, I understand the police are standing by at this

      desanctifying ceremony as some have become quite vocal.

      Dobry Den

      Bob Cerny

      Merit Services, Inc.

      PO Box 704