Re: [Slovak-World] Clotheslines ... National Hanging Out Day

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2010
      Yes, I remember my mom hanging out clothes to dry, and hanging them up in the basement when outside wasn't feasible.

      In the "Small World" department, it turns out that the "star" of your article, Illona Beresford, works at the same architectural firm as my husband's cousin-in-law.

      >>> "Susan Durisek" <durisek@...> 4/19/2010 2:22:19 PM >>>
      Every time I vist Slovakia, I hang out clothes on the line, either on the apartment balcony, or in the yard by the barn at a house in a small village. It has always seemed to me that as advanced as we in the US think we are with our modern appliances, in some cases we are just plain backwards and wasteful. So, I wrote an article about clothesline drying. Check it out at http://www.kentucky.com/2010/04/17/1227804/old-fashioned-clothesline-making.html, and additional info at my blog, gardening.bloginky.com. I am sure you all have memories...even this week's... of clothes hanging to dry using solar and wind energy....smiles... Zuzka D.