Re: Any ideas?

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
      > pocha'dzala od Maca, kde sa hovorilo o rodine "V predn~ej
      > u Maca" a v "Zadn~ej u Maca". U Maca v predn~ej by'valo 7 dus~i..."

      > Would "in the front part of the Maco place" and "in the rear part of the Maco place" be accurate, yet ambiguous enough to match the original, given that there's not more info to go on?

      Consider ... grew up at Maco's [as the locality was called], and there they would say the family lived [either] "at Maco's in the front" and [or] "at Maco's in the rear." ...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
        I think that'll do nicely. It gives a good sense of the original while leaving it just as ambiguous in English. D'akujem pekne, Martin.

        All opinions my own