Re: [Slovak-World] Lysacek

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      Speaking of unusual ethnic combinations, today I read about a young playwright named Jamil Khoury who's father immigrated from Syria, and whose mother is an American of Slovak and Polish extraction.

      All opinions my own

      Anabeth Dollins <anabeth@...> 04/01/10 8:31 PM >>>
      There was a page 1 article about him in the March 2010 issue of Koreny, the
      journal of CSAGSI (http://csagsi.org/). He's Moravian and Czech on his
      dad's side and Italian and Syrian on his mom's.

      Anabeth

      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM, <BJLK@...> wrote:

      > Speaking of names, does anyone know anything about Evan Lysacek, the
      > Olympic goldl-medal winner?
      >
      > B. J.
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
        We went thru this on another forum -- I'll share what I learned
        Evan's mother is of Italian descent from the Pittsburgh area; Evan's father is of Slavic descent -- they belong to a Greek Orthodox church in the western suburbs of Chicago.