Lysacek

  • Anabeth Dollins
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      There was a page 1 article about him in the March 2010 issue of Koreny, the
      journal of CSAGSI (http://csagsi.org/). He's Moravian and Czech on his
      dad's side and Italian and Syrian on his mom's.

      Anabeth

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
        Speaking of unusual ethnic combinations, today I read about a young playwright named Jamil Khoury who's father immigrated from Syria, and whose mother is an American of Slovak and Polish extraction.

        All opinions my own

        Anabeth Dollins <anabeth@...> 04/01/10 8:31 PM >>>
        There was a page 1 article about him in the March 2010 issue of Koreny, the
        journal of CSAGSI (http://csagsi.org/). He's Moravian and Czech on his
        dad's side and Italian and Syrian on his mom's.

        Anabeth

        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM, <BJLK@...> wrote:

        > Speaking of names, does anyone know anything about Evan Lysacek, the
        > Olympic goldl-medal winner?
        >
        > B. J.
      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
          We went thru this on another forum -- I'll share what I learned
          Evan's mother is of Italian descent from the Pittsburgh area; Evan's father is of Slavic descent -- they belong to a Greek Orthodox church in the western suburbs of Chicago.