Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Food & Eating--24

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
      Dear Helen,

      Below is a foto of the Beles~ I had a a youngster.

      http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.mimibazar.cz/recept.php%3Fid%3D18815&ei=v7u0S-bxHsL88Ab9lJU6&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CC4Q7gEwBw&prev=/search%3Fq%3DBele%25C5%25A1e%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enUS302US302

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
        It looks tasty, but ours were definitely savory. It's funny how the same word can mean such a range of things. My bejles~ came from the southeastern part of Slovakia. And yours?

        All opinions my own

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
          It just occurred to me: is Rick Bayless, the famous chef, really Rick Bejles~ < http://www.rickbayless.com/ >?

          All opinions and musings my own

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
            Western Slovakia, Zahorie Region

          • BJLK@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
              Speaking of names, does anyone know anything about Evan Lysacek, the
              Olympic goldl-medal winner?

              B. J.
              B. J. Licko-Keel (_BJLK@..._ (http://BJLK@.../) )