Re: Kohlrabi Question

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 28, 2010
      I had a neighbor in Fairbanks who used to raise a garden full & was happy to share them. I probably cooked them as well, but what I remember best is enjoying the taste and texture sliced & raw.

      The lady like to refer to them ask "colored rabbits" just for fun. She was a skinny old lady, and as a skinny young lady she spent a good part of WWII packing asbestos by hand into Liberty ships and later working on the Alcan highway with her husband, She smoked until she died, and it wasn't trouble with her lungs .

      Maybe kohlrabi & a sense of humor are good ingredients for life!

      Ron