Re: "Food and Eating"--7

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
      > Wild fruits and forest-fruits [berries?]

      Yes, the word _bobul~ka_ means a berry (edible or not), but it is used only to describe the shape if people need to. The phrase _lesne' plody_ stands for what's commonly meant by "berries" in English.

      > Dried fruit was formerly eaten with bread, and its juice
      > was served as a drink and sweetener [Was it juiced before it was
      > dried?].

      My guess is that they meant "or," "or" ("and also," "and also"). Drying seems to have gone away if they're still talking about berries here? ("Prune plums" might make it clearer that other plums were not involved, because they didn't grow there.)