Re: [Slovak-World] "Food and Eating"--slight corrections

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2010
      For those of you keeping track, the title of this section of the chapter should be changed from "Cereal Meals" to "Cereal Dishes". Joj. Sorry.

      >>> "Helen Fedor" <hfed@...> 2/24/2010 12:03 PM >>>
      O.k., let me disgrace myself and take this all back. Please ignore this email. The use of the word "meal" in this chapter is, um...fluid. Sometimes it really does mean "meal" and sometimes it really means "dish". I stand by my original edits.

      Owning my mistakes and opinions

      >>> "Helen Fedor" <hfed@...> 2/24/2010 11:29 AM >>>
      Now that I'm getting further into the chapter, I see that I misunderstood something earlier.

      In part 2, change:
      "Groats also formed the base of various thick, nutritious dishes."

      to:

      "Groats also formed the base of various thick, nutritious meals [coarsely ground cereals or pulses, such as cornmeal]."

      ****************************

      In part 3, change:
      "However, in the second half of the 20th century, dishes made of oat flour were very rare in Slovakia."

      to:

      "However, in the second half of the 20th century, meals [coarsely ground cereals or pulses, such as cornmeal] made of oat flour were very rare in Slovakia."

      And change:
      "Other dishes also used to be made with mush, which was cut into small pieces and had lard poured over
      it, or which was served with cooked dried fruit or jam."

      to:

      "Other meals [coarsely ground...] also used to be made with mush, which was cut into small pieces and had lard poured over it, or which was served with cooked dried fruit or jam."

      Apologies for the unintended misinformation,