Fwd: renting a car in Slovakia

  • e.gernat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: "e gernat" <e.gernat@...>
      To: sloval-world@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:39:13 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
      Subject: Fwd: renting a car in Slovakia

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: "e gernat" <e.gernat@...>
      To: slovak-worls@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:36:35 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
      Subject: renting a car in Slovakia

       In 2008 we rented a car for three weeks thru Advantage Rent a Car. They brought it to the spa in Piestany and we dropped it at the airport at the end of our wonderful trip. They were there to take it and we paid with Master card.

      We had no restrictions for miles and we took it to Poland no stopping for passports.

      A good map bought in Slovakia  at a gas station is all you need
      .Good Luck  Edie

    • Milan Olle
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
        Is there any way of renting a car in Slovakia without a credit card???

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
          You can rent a car in Slovakia here in the US when you make your travel
          arrangements. The car will be available when you arrive, either at the
          airport (if going to Bratislava) or at a local hotel. On my second trip
          to Slovakia, I arranged to pick up a rental at the Empire hotel and took
          a taxi there. The clerk who made the final arrangements and gave me the
          key spoke excellent English. Since the car rental is paid in the US,
          there is no need for a credit card.

          Bill Brna