Re: [Slovak-World] bryndzove pirohy

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
      Lubos,
      Thanks. I will try. My cousin in Kúty, made Halus~ky from "mashed" potatoes, (erteple). I bought a Halus~ky maker but didn't like the resulting Halus~ky.

      I never ate much beef in Zahorie, (other than Gulas~ and Polievka) and I have a question: Are there any recipies for Slovak Meatballs, made from hamburger, (tatarske biftek)?

      She was a excellent cook and used to make stuffed rohliki. she removed the insides and filled the rohlik with syr, (prepared as for kolac~é) and baked until crispy.

      this can be sweetened with sugar substitute, especially for that diabetic....

      Vilo

      I appreciate your recipes written in this group.

      Vilo

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
        Except that my grandma's pierogi were triangles rather than semicircles, these sound like her "cheese" pieorgis.  I always thought that the cheese she used was like a dry farmer's cheese, but maybe she was using bryndza all those years ago.