bryndzove pirohy

  • Lubos Brieda
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
      Hi folks, today I posted a recipe for bryndza pierogi. I would love to get your feedback and also your family variations on the recipe. You can find the recipe and leave the comments at http://www.slovakcooking.com/2010/recipes/pasta/pierogi/

      Thanks!
       -- Lubos Brieda --
      Slovak recipes: www.slovakcooking.com
      hikes and travel: www.iamlubos.com

    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
        Lubos,
        Thanks. I will try. My cousin in Kúty, made Halus~ky from "mashed" potatoes, (erteple). I bought a Halus~ky maker but didn't like the resulting Halus~ky.

        I never ate much beef in Zahorie, (other than Gulas~ and Polievka) and I have a question: Are there any recipies for Slovak Meatballs, made from hamburger, (tatarske biftek)?

        She was a excellent cook and used to make stuffed rohliki. she removed the insides and filled the rohlik with syr, (prepared as for kolac~é) and baked until crispy.

        this can be sweetened with sugar substitute, especially for that diabetic....

        Vilo

        I appreciate your recipes written in this group.

        Vilo

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
          Except that my grandma's pierogi were triangles rather than semicircles, these sound like her "cheese" pieorgis.  I always thought that the cheese she used was like a dry farmer's cheese, but maybe she was using bryndza all those years ago.