Lake Michigan Chapter of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
      The organizational meeting of the Lake Michigan Chapter of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday March 13, 2010, at the Polish Museum of America. The museum is not charging us for setting up of tables in its main hall, but asks a $4 donation per person, which is almost half the normal suggested donation for museum visitors.

      Feel free to pass along details to anyone you think may want to be part of the core group of organizers. Among things we'll do at the meeting is choose temporary officers and schedule more of a public gathering.

      Here are details on how to get to the museum (parking is free):

      DIRECTIONS

      The Museum is no more than 10 minutes from the Loop by car or cab, 15 minutes by bus or subway. A cab ride from either airport (O'Hare or Midway) typically takes 30–40 minutes in mild to moderate traffic, about 45 minutes by subway.

      BY CAR FROM ...

      North & Northwest: Travel to the Kennedy Expressway, I-90/94, and proceed toward downtown Chicago. Exit at Division Street and turn right, heading west. At the third traffic light turn left onto Milwaukee Avenue heading southeast. At the second traffic light turn right onto Augusta Boulevard then very shortly left into the parking lot behind the building.

      West: Use the Eisenhower Expressway, I-290, to get to the Kennedy Expressway, I-90/94. Travel on the Kennedy Expressway, I-90/94, and proceed through downtown Chicago. Exit at Augusta Boulevard. At the end of the exit ramp is the intersection of Augusta Boulevard and Milwaukee Avenue. Proceed across the intersection and turn left into the parking lot behind the building.

      South & Southwest: Use the Stevenson Expressway, I-55, the Dan Ryan Expressway, I-90/94 or I-57 to get to the Kennedy Expressway, I-90/94. Travel on the Kennedy Expressway, I-90/94, and proceed through downtown Chicago. Exit at Augusta Boulevard. At the end of the exit ramp is the intersection of Augusta Boulevard and Milwaukee Avenue. Proceed across the intersection and turn left into the parking lot behind the building.
    • Lou
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
        Tim, may I have the address of Polish Museum where your organization will meet March 13, 2010. Thanks, LACI (Ladislaus J. Bolchazy) <lou@...>

[...]

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
          Hi  -

          Doing a slide / lecture program on Folk Dress in Slovakia this Sat. afternoon Feb 6 at 3:30 pm in Minneapolis MN - there will be Slovak and Rusin folk dress on display -  it's in conjunction with the Minnesota Rusin Association - e-mail me direct if you would like more info

          helene

        • Lou
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
            Helene, thanks for this info. May I get more info? *** Would I be competing with your wonderful display, if I brought some SLOVAK BOOKS also for display? Servus, LACI (Ladislaus J. Bolchazy)

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
              HI Laci - please contact Polly at paw1776@... - she is in charge of the event. Would be great to see you there.

              helene

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010