Chicken Feet

  • BJLK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2010
      On the few occasions during the depression that my family bought a fat hen
      for Sunday dinner from the local poultry store, my sister and I would work
      a good part of Saturday afternoon to help pull out the little ends of pin
      feathers after the bird was plucked by my mother. Our reward was the boiled
      paprc~ky as a snack. I have not eaten them since.

      B. J.

      B. J. Licko-Keel (_BJLK@..._ (http://BJLK@.../) )

      In a message dated 1/24/2010 6:24:38 P.M. Central Standard Time:

      . . . my grandmother made soup with chicken feet. I do remember these
      yellow feet in a big pot on the coal stove along with veggies and whatever she
      put in the pot.